Friends I have a doubt if Indian mines have ever produced a blue diamond in any era. I have heard about Kohinoor Diamond. It is auspicious and magnificent diamond which Shah Jahan had used in building the world famous monument Taj Mahal.
Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
Let us search the treasure of Padmanabhaswamy temple..
Perhaps you can find some...
Devu, are you ready?

Meera sandhu
Hope Diamond is the largest and the most famous Blue diamond that world has seen and it has a chequered history with no one knowing from where it originated from? Many accounts suggest that it is from India..It is also said to be cursed..

http://history1900s.about.com/od/1950s/a/hopediamond.htm

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Devu, are you ready?

i HEARD that if we open the treasury door, misery will befall the one who opened it

so u and devu go and search

Swetha Shenoy
Friends I have a doubt if Indian mines have ever produced a blue diamond in any era. I have heard about Kohinoor Diamond. It is auspicious and magnificent diamond which Shah Jahan had used in building the world famous monument Taj Mahal.

In the year 1642, the most famous blue diamond known as "The hope Diamond" was found in India. It was cut from the 'Tavernier blue'. This rare specimen can be viewed today at the Smithsonian Museum of Natural History in Washington, D.C.
Thank you said by: Devyani Sarkar
Friends I am seriously looking for the data regarding blue diamond. It is most precious and elegant piece. It is rarely found in mines. India has diamond mines. I have never read anywhere regarding Indian blue diamond. Have you ever heard or read such news?

In the year 1642, the most famous blue diamond known as "The hope Diamond" was found in India. It was cut from the 'Tavernier blue'. This rare specimen can be viewed today at the Smithsonian Museum of Natural History in Washington, D.C.

This is amazing. I have curiosity to see this diamond.
Devu, are you ready?

Finding treasure seems to be very adventurous :woohoo: .
I don't want treasure ;) . Actually I just want to know if India has ever produced a blue diamond or not :dry: .

This is amazing. I have curiosity to see this diamond.

For more details http://history1900s.about.com/od/1950s/a/hopediamond.htm
Diamonds are thought to have been first recognized and mined in India, Once a large Neel Mani (Blue Diamond), Now named as Nassak Diamond, adorned the Trimbakeshwar temple. The Diamond was looted by English colonel named J. Briggs. from Bajirao Peshva.

Sharmistha Banerjee
India is rich in mineral resources. I really feel bad to read that many good things were looted from India. India is queen of gemstones.
You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.