Be it ‘Tel Maalish’ for S.D Burman or ‘Man Tadpath Hari Darshan Ko Aaj’ For Naushad ali he renders them with aplomb and verve.
Come up with your favourite Rafi numbers and make the thread a melodious affair.

{CJATTACHMENT ["id": 9220]}
Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
he is my most favourite Hindi playback singer...
Shammi Kapoor songs made me a Bollywood lover, so full credits go to him....
I really loved those teasing numbers of Rafi picturised on Shammiji, in my childhood....it's something like Nostalgia.
Sorry..I can't name a single song....infinite songs close to my heart

Meera sandhu
I really loved those teasing numbers of Rafi picturised on Shammiji, in my childhood....it's something like Nostalgia.

Of course its difficult to pick from thousands of his memorable songs. Among many, I like "Yahoooooo.... chahe koyi mujhe junglee kahen..."
others i add in due course.

Mere mehboob tujhe meri muhabbat ki kasam
Kya Se Kya Hogaya
Nain lad gaye

Of course its difficult to pick from thousands of his memorable songs. Among many, I like "Yahoooooo.... chahe koyi mujhe junglee kahen..."

do you know the website yahoo derived its name from yahoo song?

Meera sandhu
M.Rafi was one of the best singer ever had been in our nation. There are infinite number of hit songs which he gave to the film industry. His songs are still remembered and look fresh even though they are 20~25 years old. His voice quality was so good and I don't think no one ever had that quality.There are many songs which I like few ones are:

"kaun hai jo sano mein aaya"

"Ishroo Isharoo mein"

"Mein zindagi kaa saath"

and many more.
M.Rafi was one of the best singer ever had been in our nation. There are infinite number of hit songs which he gave to the film industry. His songs are still remembered and look fresh even though they are 20~25 years old. His voice quality was so good and I don't think no one ever had that quality.There are many songs which I like few ones are:

"Ishroo Isharoo mein"

"Mein zindagi kaa saath"

and many more.

now 30-35+ years old...
actually most of his hits belonged to 60's and his power saw a downward move with the arise of two stars - Rajesh Khanna and Kishore

Meera sandhu

"Ishroo Isharoo mein"

"Mein zindagi kaa saath"

and many more.

now 30-35+ years old...
actually most of his hits belonged to 60's and his power saw a downward move with the arise of two stars - Rajesh Khanna and Kishore

Every star has its own time so may be with the entry of Kishore Kumar he lost some popularity but I still consider his voice quality better than Kishore Kumar. Even Mukesh was also having good voice but he was not a versatile singer. :blink:

I don't think so. Anyhow, can you provide a link to prove it?

"Ishroo Isharoo mein"

"Mein zindagi kaa saath"

and many more.

now 30-35+ years old...

Every star has its own time so may be with the entry of Kishore Kumar he lost some popularity but I still consider his voice quality better than Kishore Kumar. Even Mukesh was also having good voice but he was not a versatile singer. :blink:

True and its not fair to say Kishore has eclipsed Rafi. There can't be 2 Rafis.
Be it ‘Tel Maalish’ for S.D Burman or ‘Man Tadpath Hari Darshan Ko Aaj’ For Naushad ali he renders them with aplomb and verve.
Come up with your favourite Rafi numbers and make the thread a melodious affair.

{CJATTACHMENT ["id": 9220]}

Rafi was the male version of Lata Mangeshkar, perfect voice and perfect diction and incomparable....even Manna dey who was trained in classical songs was apparently impressed when he heard Madhuban mein radhika and Nache man mora magan...Rafi was a great person as well and liked by everyone...Of course there are many songs, a few hundred that I like but there are some which are very special...
1, Sau baar janam lenege sau baar fanaa honge
2, Hum aur tum aur yeh sama kya nasha nasha sa hai
3, Maana mere haseen sanam tu rashke maahataab hai
4, Subah na aaye sham na aaye
5, Ek haseen sham ko dil mera kho gaya...
I better stop, can go on and on..

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

I don't think so. Anyhow, can you provide a link to prove it?

yes, of course...
I have read many times in newspapers...
Most recently, when Shammi Kapoor died, this fact was there in newspaper . :)

Meera sandhu
You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.