Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
actually, am a bit confused with new categories.most recently, one of my submitted articles was rejected for this reason.
now, a lot of categories. i feel, a few of submitted articles can be placed in more than one category.
for example, there is already a category, Home development and improvement. i feel, many articles belonging to a newly added category, interior design and decor can be placed under this category as well. yet, am placing such articles under new category for the contest.

Home development and improvement- and 'interior decoration- may be identical. But if you write on the life sketch of an architect or an interior designer, this will not be acceptable. To elucidate further, an article on Mahatma Gandhi cannot be characterized as an article on 'non violence'.

Please clarify me the following : While writing on non - violence, can I give an example of Mahatma Gandhi, Martin Luther King and writing something about them, how theyt stuck to the principles of Non- violence.?

Main category is Art and Design- Sub category is Visual arts. Can I write briefly about say four or five visual art branches like water colour, Pen and ink, oil colours painting etc.?

Main category is Art and design - Sub category is performing arts - Can I write on 'Kuchipudi?

yes, of course.
yesterday my article on Chakyar kooth was published. am going to write another one.

i have submitted one article on renovation of old homes/rooms under interior design and decor. now am a bit confused if it come under home development and improvement or interior design or decor :blink:

Renovation means 'reconstruction so as to give a new look or life'.. Renovation is of entire house- exterior as well as interior. Interior decoration means only inside of house. I do not know contents of your article. If this is more about interior look or decoration, this could be in category of 'interior decoration'. It is also necessary to give an appropriate title according to actual contents of the article.

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

it's renovation as whole, both exterior and interior. took a lot of time also.
let me wait for editor's comments

Meera sandhu

My suggestion is that without waiting for editor's action, edit your article yourself. If you wish to put your category in interior decoration, exclude the other content and include that in a separate article.

My suggestion is that without waiting for editor's action, edit your article yourself. If you wish to put your category in interior decoration, exclude the other content and include that in a separate article.

if so, that article will loss its beauty and look incomplete. Also a tedious process. :(
if it's rejected, then i will submit one more for the contest :cheer:

actually redesigning a heritage home is also an art. that's why i thought so.

Meera sandhu
i have a doubt.
if we have placed an article in wrong category, is it possible for editors to change the category?
normal users can't edit the category of a submitted article, even if it's not approved.

Meera sandhu
actually, am a bit confused with new categories.most recently, one of my submitted articles was rejected for this reason.
now, a lot of categories. i feel, a few of submitted articles can be placed in more than one category.
for example, there is already a category, Home development and improvement. i feel, many articles belonging to a newly added category, interior design and decor can be placed under this category as well. yet, am placing such articles under new category for the contest.

Home development and improvement- and 'interior decoration- may be identical. But if you write on the life sketch of an architect or an interior designer, this will not be acceptable. To elucidate further, an article on Mahatma Gandhi cannot be characterized as an article on 'non violence'.

Please clarify me the following : While writing on non - violence, can I give an example of Mahatma Gandhi, Martin Luther King and writing something about them, how theyt stuck to the principles of Non- violence.?

Main category is Art and Design- Sub category is Visual arts. Can I write briefly about say four or five visual art branches like water colour, Pen and ink, oil colours painting etc.?

Main category is Art and design - Sub category is performing arts - Can I write on 'Kuchipudi?

There is no difficult with any category if the material conforms to that. Giving views and quotations of relevant person in support of your contents is also okay. Here the stress is should be on the subject matter and not on individual. As I wrote elsewhere, an article on Picasso is not an article on painting. But while writing fine points of painting, there is nothing wrong in referring to Picasso or any other painter.

Point well clarified. Thank you
i have a doubt.
if we have placed an article in wrong category, is it possible for editors to change the category?
normal users can't edit the category of a submitted article, even if it's not approved.

I think you can re-edit , change the category and submit it again.. It should be there..

Life is a box of Chocolate, You never know what you gonna get.... :)
www.InstantKhichri.blogspot.in
Also i don't get a point, why rejecting an article if its in wrong category. Shouldn't be the editor job to put in proper category. Or Admin should change it to the apt category and put it there

i have a doubt.

An editor cannot change the category. You may write an article afresh with new category and same contents. Press 'edit' in the article with wrong category and leave this as this is. Alternatively, write to admin for change of category.

i have a doubt.

An editor cannot change the category. You may write an article afresh with new category and same contents. Press 'edit' in the article with wrong category and leave this as this is. Alternatively, write to admin for change of category.

Sir that's my question again. Why go through such a process when admin can make the changes. Editors and the admin people are the best judge of proper category.

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.