Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
Apart from the tiffin box daily one fruit should be sent to the school for the children, this way they will make a routine to have friuts

http://beautytipsforflawlessskin.blogspot.com/

Snacks can be made healthy if we add oats and vegetables in it. Children mostly don'e prefer to eat them directly. It is better to make them eat it with some other food items which they like in taste and flavour.
How to make kids snack healthfully

http://in.news.yahoo.com/kids-snack-healthfully-103159300.html

Chips,fries and all kinds of junk food is what most children seem to snack on these days...Unless parents are careful, this continues to be habit even when they are grown up, I see parents buying dozens of packets of crisps and give just biscuits or bread and jam for lunch...

Yes, snacking between meals is when parents opt for biscuits, crisps, farsaans etc for their children because I guess they do not want to keep cooking entire day. I have totally banned such stuff from my home, i never buy Maggie noodles, I make pasta only occasionally and put plenty of vegetables in it.

My opinion is that WE buy the food, not the kids, so they will grow to like what we buy for them. only thing we should keep working towards it and not just give in to the demands of the children! I have a rule with my son, eat everything that is served on the plate, only then he gets what he really wants. (sometimes I have to apply this rule for my husband too) :laugh:

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

Chips,fries and all kinds of junk food is what most children seem to snack on these days...Unless parents are careful, this continues to be habit even when they are grown up, I see parents buying dozens of packets of crisps and give just biscuits or bread and jam for lunch...

Yes, snacking between meals is when parents opt for biscuits, crisps, farsaans etc for their children because I guess they do not want to keep cooking entire day. I have totally banned such stuff from my home, i never buy Maggie noodles, I make pasta only occasionally and put plenty of vegetables in it.

My opinion is that WE buy the food, not the kids, so they will grow to like what we buy for them. only thing we should keep working towards it and not just give in to the demands of the children! I have a rule with my son, eat everything that is served on the plate, only then he gets what he really wants. (sometimes I have to apply this rule for my husband too) :laugh:

I agree, it is important to make them develop a healthy eating habit right from the childhood....I did the same, making them eat what was cooked at home and eat out once a week or have some pastries or junk food once in a while....I agree that men are quite lax at times regarding following table rules LOL :laugh:

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

I agree, it is important to make them develop a healthy eating habit right from the childhood....I did the same, making them eat what was cooked at home and eat out once a week or have some pastries or junk food once in a while....I agree that men are quite lax at times regarding following table rules LOL :laugh:

My husband does not like certain kind of vegetables but I still prepare them occasionally as I feel that my son should eat all kinds of vegetables as they are good for him. My husband used to resist eating them initially but I have strict instructions to him to eat them without complaining, because if he does, then my son is sure to pick up the habit. So my husband has to eat everything in silence and I ensure that I serve him bigger portions as he does not take second helpings of those! :laugh: :laugh:

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

My husband does not like certain kind of vegetables but I still prepare them occasionally as I feel that my son should eat all kinds of vegetables as they are good for him. My husband used to resist eating them initially but I have strict instructions to him to eat them without complaining, because if he does, then my son is sure to pick up the habit. So my husband has to eat everything in silence and I ensure that I serve him bigger portions as he does not take second helpings of those! :laugh: :laugh:

LOL, that is a good idea Kalyani :) ...thankfully my husband loves vegetables a lot so no worries so do the children...But what I have to take care is fried stuff which all of them like,now it has been cut down to once a week which is OK..

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.