The recent horrendous events in the national capital have once again highlighted the complete absence of a leader who could feel the pulse of the nation and exercise his or her profound influence to add balm to our conscience which has been so horribly coarsened . I wonder how Mahatma Gandhi would have reacted to such a moral outrage, he would be simply going on a fast and making others follow suit - doing a collective penance! And what we got to see - a morally bankrupt government headed by a superimposed technocrat being hardly able to go beyond officialese to connect and relate to the sentiments of the masses and the result has been complete chaos . We need one who combines official authority with moral one! Sadly there is none!! What do you think?
Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
We certainly do- but not unless we come out of family worshiping politics by present lot of politicians who find their ultimate refuse in a particular family. We are under a leadership that is few notches below the required level. I think that is fate of the Indian public that Gandhi picked on Nehru in place of Sardar Patel. The history would have been different if we had Patel as our first PM.

I love this free image hosting site for sharing my work

https://o0.nz/

I am very sad. The girl has died. Likewise many girls are dieing everyday due to such crimes. God should save us.
The recent horrendous events in the national capital have once again highlighted the complete absence of a leader who could feel the pulse of the nation and exercise his or her profound influence to add balm to our conscience which has been so horribly coarsened . I wonder how Mahatma Gandhi would have reacted to such a moral outrage, he would be simply going on a fast and making others follow suit - doing a collective penance! And what we got to see - a morally bankrupt government headed by a superimposed technocrat being hardly able to go beyond officialese to connect and relate to the sentiments of the masses and the result has been complete chaos . We need one who combines official authority with moral one! Sadly there is none!! What do you think?

I too feel the same, that as of now we have no leader who is capable of being authoritative when the situation demands and also put country above everything else ! That kind of idealism is now fast vanishing only to be seen in old films ( in new films you get to see trash most of the times). Honestly, I done see any great future for our country in the coming years...just look at the choice we have for the coming general elections - Rahul gandhi, Advani,Kejriwala,Modi ( I still feel he is probably the best of the lot), and hundreds of fence sitters including Mayawati and Mulaya singh Yadav who ike Deve Gowda earlier might find themselves becoming the PM because of circumstances , a stroke of luck and clever manipulations ....It sickens me to think of the future !

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

I too feel the same, that as of now we have no leader who is capable of being authoritative when the situation demands and also put country above everything else ! That kind of idealism is now fast vanishing only to be seen in old films ( in new films you get to see trash most of the times). Honestly, I done see any great future for our country in the coming years...just look at the choice we have for the coming general elections - Rahul gandhi, Advani,Kejriwala,Modi ( I still feel he is probably the best of the lot), and hundreds of fence sitters including Mayawati and Mulaya singh Yadav who ike Deve Gowda earlier might find themselves becoming the PM because of circumstances , a stroke of luck and clever manipulations ....It sickens me to think of the future !

@Usha

It is very true that the present scenario is extremely depressing but the tragic tale of this brave-heart and subsequent turn of events has at least given a glimmer of hope. Now searingly searching questions are being asked which our current bunch of politicians must answer. If you look at the current picture India is being virtually ruled by women. Sonia Gandhi, Shushma Swaraj, Sheila Dixit, Jaylalitha, Mayawati, Mamta Banerjee but what they have done to change the face of the nation vis-a-vis improvement of the lot of an average woman.

@Usha

It is very true that the present scenario is extremely depressing but the tragic tale of this brave-heart and subsequent turn of events has at least given a glimmer of hope. Now searingly searching questions are being asked which our current bunch of politicians must answer. If you look at the current picture India is being virtually ruled by women. Sonia Gandhi, Shushma Swaraj, Sheila Dixit, Jaylalitha, Mayawati, Mamta Banerjee but what they have done to change the face of the nation vis-a-vis improvement of the lot of an average woman.

I agree that the ladies have done precious little except look after their own personal interests....Shiela dixit in fact has been the most ineffective because she has come up with some outrageous statements against women , encouraging rapists I feel !
I hope that what has stated as a mass movement continues to stay alive and bring in some much needed change in our legal and political system - at least now politicians dont wield any criminals..
Here's wishing you the very best for the coming year :)

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Thank you said by: Kalyani Nandurkar

@Usha

The sad part is that in spite of more women with power in politics, crimes against women has only accelerated greatly, very recently with a woman as the President, the number of rapists and murderers who were were granted respite from death penalties was more! What is happening now in Delhi and elsewhere does give us all a little bit of hope but I am still skeptical if it is going to continue and if things are really going to change for women. Because in spite of so much public outrage and open demonstrations, every day the news of more rapes and murders thereafter are continuous! :blink:

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

@Usha

The sad part is that in spite of more women with power in politics, crimes against women has only accelerated greatly, very recently with a woman as the President, the number of rapists and murderers who were were granted respite from death penalties was more! What is happening now in Delhi and elsewhere does give us all a little bit of hope but I am still skeptical if it is going to continue and if things are really going to change for women. Because in spite of so much public outrage and open demonstrations, every day the news of more rapes and murders thereafter are continuous! :blink:

Actually, the inclusion of women in posts like C.M. or even P.M. does not matter. The posts are not gender specific. a woman official and minister will be no different from male. rapes and murders do not cease just because there is some woman minister. Actually it is improvement of crime prevention and judicial mechanism that matters. Let us hope that government and people will rise to occasion and do all that is needed in the circumstances. The continuity or rapes is owing to sick mental attitude for which entire society is responsible. There are double standard on moral and chastity that work against women. The women in the west also get raped but this does not reduce or affect their honor unlike India.

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

@Usha

Actually, the inclusion of women in posts like C.M. or even P.M. does not matter. The posts are not gender specific. a woman official and minister will be no different from male. rapes and murders do not cease just because there is some woman minister. Actually it is improvement of crime prevention and judicial mechanism that matters. Let us hope that government and people will rise to occasion and do all that is needed in the circumstances. The continuity or rapes is owing to sick mental attitude for which entire society is responsible. There are double standard on moral and chastity that work against women. The women in the west also get raped but this does not reduce or affect their honor unlike India.

I am aware that these roles are not gender specific and it totally depends upon judicial system that is prevalent, but my point is that if women are in roles of power, they are expected to be more sensitive to such crucial issues and since they have the means and resources to PUSH for changes that are needed. BUt it does not seem to be happening at all. Mayor of the capital city is a woman, a mayor wields enough power in her hands to bring out changes that are much needed, but those powers are not being wielded in the right direction. With a woman for a mayor, there should have been less crime rate against women, but it is the opposite exactly!

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

@Usha

Well said. Crime doesn't come to a grinding halt simply because some women are at the helm of the of the affairs. If that's true, we have one of the strongest woman living in the heart of the National capital. Why the torture didn't come to an end?

The reality is as you put it aptly, " Actually it is improvement of crime prevention and judicial mechanism that matters."
I fully agree with you

@Usha

primary step is to be done at home by parents themselves when the kid is just 3 or 4.
From family situations, as he has always seen a dominating father and humble mother he feels that "Girl gender is a toy for man". when such a thought is deeply implanted in his mind from early age itself, he never respects ladies.
school classes also never provide sufficient advices to boy that they should respect girls and treat them equally or as sisters.
so, it's to be begun in families and when primary education begins at school. boys should feel that girls are not the toys of man. then only such crimes can be reduced, at least in distant future. Otherwise no government or political parties can teach boys and youth such moral lessons.
let us start from our family itself so that at least we can dream for a good tomorrow where our girls can go out free of tensions and worries and return home back safe :)

Meera sandhu
You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.