I was watching the highlights of the yesterday's match between India and England on YouTube. I saw that there were different versions of highlights. Some were of 14 minutes, some were of 18 minutes while others were bigger still. I regularly visit YouTube to search and watch different videos. This is when a thought struck me. What is the size of YouTube? The way we measure our hard disks and know the size in MBs, GBs, etc, what about YouTube?
Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
Must be in TB .. :laugh: or may be more than that.. As they having many hd videos and surely it occupies lots of space.

ANDROIOS: http://androios-tweaks.blogspot.com
Ah Anand, you are here too? ;) Nice to see you!
Well mate, what happens by saying only hundreds of videos? There are millions of them there. I had downloaded some 300-400 clippings sometime back. It is certainly humongous.
He he.. Yes abhi.. Nice to see you here too.

Well, Youtube is one of product from Google now. So we can expect anything big from them. ;)

ANDROIOS: http://androios-tweaks.blogspot.com
Rightly said. Google rules the internet and whatever they do is larger than life size. I am sure, the same is the case about YouTube too.
Very strange question Abhijit, i think the server will have a huge memory space as used for Google. :)

Vinu
I was watching the highlights of the yesterday's match between India and England on YouTube. I saw that there were different versions of highlights. Some were of 14 minutes, some were of 18 minutes while others were bigger still. I regularly visit YouTube to search and watch different videos. This is when a thought struck me. What is the size of YouTube? The way we measure our hard disks and know the size in MBs, GBs, etc, what about YouTube?

It reminds me of a question about which i read sometime ago, "How big is the internet."? The vastness and enormity can't be measured in the known units. Some one has to find a new unit. Till then let's be content with the answer , " Very Biiiiiiiiiiii........gggggg..............?". Ok ?
Very strange question Abhijit, i think the server will have a huge memory space as used for Google. :)

Oh, it's a strange question :woohoo: I didn't know it. Anyways, I was really curious about that 'memory space'. The way I am getting my hard disk full with each passing day, I wonder how the YouTube people manage it.

It reminds me of a question about which i read sometime ago, "How big is the internet."? The vastness and enormity can't be measured in the known units. Some one has to find a new unit. Till then let's be content with the answer , " Very Biiiiiiiiiiii........gggggg..............?". Ok ?

This is an acceptable answer. We do not really know too much about it and we will certainly have to coin some new units specially for this purpose. Even I had heard the question you mentioned. Yes, right, it's way tooooooooooooo bigggggggggggggggggg :S :woohoo:
Must be in TB .. :laugh: or may be more than that.. As they having many hd videos and surely it occupies lots of space.

tuberculosis :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Now if I search you tube see new bollywood movies, I find old Hindi movies in the name of English Vinglish, Talaash and Burfi :angry: :laugh: :laugh:
surprisingly all those movies are 'Janwar' of 90's staring - Akshay Kumar Karishma.
similarly we get many versions of same video clippings and songs too.....
now it's the time of jukebox :silly: :silly:
a lot of fun with youtube :unsure:

Meera sandhu
I haven't observed as much as you have, but even if there are different versions of the same clippings, ultimately, it occupies some space or the other, isn't it? But I guess, let's enjoy and have fun there on YouTube, instead of going into all these technicalities. B)
You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.