Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
I haven't observed as much as you have, but even if there are different versions of the same clippings, ultimately, it occupies some space or the other, isn't it? But I guess, let's enjoy and have fun there on YouTube, instead of going into all these technicalities. B)

of course, different space thus wasting google's memory and our time B) B)

Meera sandhu
I haven't observed as much as you have, but even if there are different versions of the same clippings, ultimately, it occupies some space or the other, isn't it? But I guess, let's enjoy and have fun there on YouTube, instead of going into all these technicalities. B)

Yes, that's it. If it gives you joy, enjoy.Why bother about size? let's leave it to You tube itself.

of course, different space thus wasting google's memory and our time B) B)

For us, that might be as a waste of Google's memory. But don't forget, they are earning huge through that and importantly, they know how to manage it. So, I guess, they are doing fine.

Yes, that's it. If it gives you joy, enjoy.Why bother about size? let's leave it to You tube itself.

I may be the last person to get bothered about the size. But I was and still am curious about the size. It's just the question of calming the curiosity. After all, it's the mother of knowledge.
Once I read somewhere that YT gets more than a billion page views a day. With that stats in comparison, they can earn 3.5 billion USD approx from YT alone. Ofcourse it's a wild guess, you need to consider the costs of maintaining, content author payments etc into consideration.

And size, there is no rough figure but you can see the stats here
http://www.youtube.com/t/press_statistics

they will tell you alone how many exabytes of storage passed between users and youtube servers.

When opportunity is in front of you, don't hesitate to catch it. It will never come to you again. - Maverick

Thank you said by: Sandhya Rani
Once I read somewhere that YT gets more than a billion page views a day. With that stats in comparison, they can earn 3.5 billion USD approx from YT alone. Ofcourse it's a wild guess, you need to consider the costs of maintaining, content author payments etc into consideration.

they will tell you alone how many exabytes of storage passed between users and youtube servers.

Thanks for the link.. It contains some huge numbers.. :woohoo:

ANDROIOS: http://androios-tweaks.blogspot.com

Billion page views a day :S That's quite a huge number. And yes, I contribute around 40-50 pages view of those 1 billion :P
Anyways, I haven't still viewed the stats ( the link's still opening). Even if that's a guess, it gives some idea for sure. Thanks for the link.

Thanks for the link.. It contains some huge numbers.. :woohoo:

Yes, Anand, I just now saw the details and there was one word everywhere - million/millions, million/millions, what a program! :ohmy:
Youtube is big enough to get it stored in your hard disk. Youtube has many videos starting from fashion beauty tips to politics and sports. All kinds of tutorial videos and entertainment stuffs can be seen. It has many things.
Youtube is big enough to get it stored in your hard disk. Youtube has many videos starting from fashion beauty tips to politics and sports. All kinds of tutorial videos and entertainment stuffs can be seen. It has many things.

Really, is YouTube so small that it can be stored on my hard disk? I think, you meant to say that it isn't that big. I am sure you meant it that way. I am talking about the entire YouTube when I asked its size.I read that about 72 hours of videos are uploaded every minute, if I am not wrong. I will have to buy thousands of laptops and computers and it still won't suffice to store YouTube :woohoo:
You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.