The question is self explanatory. So tell me what is your excuse to not do what you want to do. Please don't tell me that you always follow your heart. No single person on the planet can say that.

I ask you this because, we at subconscious level choose to ignore this question as bringing this up would disturb our inner peace. But I would really want you to think of it, as most problems can be solved with little effort, you just have to know what's stopping you really.

Okk, I will start with myself. My excuse of not following my heart or to do something new is :

1. Laziness

2. Lack of self belief (sometimes)

These are my primary two reasons. I plan to overcome them by doing something new for atleast an hour even if I don't like the activity.

What's you excuse and have you thought as to how would you overcome them?
Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
happiness of our dear ones....
very often we neglect our thoughts and feelings to see smile in our loved ones' faces

Meera sandhu
very often we neglect our thoughts and feelings to see smile in our loved ones' faces

Sandhya, could you please elaborate as I don't see any valid reason as to how happiness of our dear ones would stop us from doing something. I do understand it may delay the activity sometimes, as there may be an immediate responsibility you may need to cater, but how can it stop you from doing something?

Sandhya, could you please elaborate as I don't see any valid reason as to how happiness of our dear ones would stop us from doing something. I do understand it may delay the activity sometimes, as there may be an immediate responsibility you may need to cater, but how can it stop you from doing something?

if we listen to our heart only, we can do 1000 things according to our desire.

as I am married, before doing something according to desire, i will think first, "will my hubby like it?"
before marriage, we think about parents
am i right or not?

Meera sandhu
The question is self explanatory. So tell me what is your excuse to not do what you want to do. Please don't tell me that you always follow your heart. No single person on the planet can say that.

I ask you this because, we at subconscious level choose to ignore this question as bringing this up would disturb our inner peace. But I would really want you to think of it, as most problems can be solved with little effort, you just have to know what's stopping you really.

Okk, I will start with myself. My excuse of not following my heart or to do something new is :

1. Laziness

These are my primary two reasons. I plan to overcome them by doing something new for atleast an hour even if I don't like the activity.

I'm an exception. Because I'm absolutely confident of my confidence levels. Owing to this reason, my heart leads me like a beacon of light.
I am one of them who always follow my heart (Do not say - I am only of my kind)
Perhaps that is one of the reasons, I am not popular person. I follow my heart and act accordingly.

I love this free image hosting site for sharing my work

https://o0.nz/

Our subconscious mind is very very fast. It thinks thousands of things in seconds. We are trained from our childhood in a certain way. We learned mostly from our parents each and every activities, others from outside world. All our thinking are reflecting through our earlier trained subconscious level. We can change our thoughts consciously by various techniques, tricks, meditation and exercises. But one should be patient and dedicated to change himself/herself.
Meditation is one of the best tool for self improvement. Simply close your eyes and be with your breath at least ten minutes morning and evening and you've done.

if we listen to our heart only, we can do 1000 things according to our desire.

as I am married, before doing something according to desire, i will think first, "will my hubby like it?"
before marriage, we think about parents
am i right or not?

I understand that before marriage we think of parents and after marriage we think of our partners.

But if there is something you want to do, I am sure it will be easy to find a way to convince them. Most of time we assume that they would feel bad, and so we don't even explain them why you want to do this.

Also, it is necessary to address their fear. Our loved ones stop us from doing something 'coz knowingly or unknowingly they think that we would not be able to handle the failure or doing a certain activity would change you. If you address these fears, 99% of the time, they would let you do what you want to do.

1. Laziness

I'm an exception. Because I'm absolutely confident of my confidence levels. Owing to this reason, my heart leads me like a beacon of light.

Than you need to self analyze more and I am sure you would come up with an incident where your heart told you to do something and you did not do it.

Micro analyze, believe me there is no exception to this.

1. Laziness

Than you need to self analyze more and I am sure you would come up with an incident where your heart told you to do something and you did not do it.

Micro analyze, believe me there is no exception to this.

Self analysis is there and will be there always. From to time i jot down the findings for sure and do accordingly.
The reason (excuse) for not following the heart is the brains working behind. There are times when the decision taken by the brain is more practical and necessary than following the heart. We cannot say that it can be laziness every time. :whistle:
Thank you said by: Sandhya Rani
You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.