Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
Swetha, that is a thing even I am missing and to my utter dismay, I had totally forgotten that I used to enjoy writing and receiving letters until now when I read your post!! :(

I had some very good pen friends but unfortunately now after so many years, they are all lost! Only a couple of friends in England left, we write to each other but that number is also de3clining!

Yes, I would like to be your pen friend!!! :) :)

Sure, Kalyani, inbox me your postal address, let me send you an inland letter!

Swetha Shenoy
Swetha, that is a thing even I am missing and to my utter dismay, I had totally forgotten that I used to enjoy writing and receiving letters until now when I read your post!! :(

I had some very good pen friends but unfortunately now after so many years, they are all lost! Only a couple of friends in England left, we write to each other but that number is also de3clining!

Yes, I would like to be your pen friend!!! :) :)

Sure, Kalyani, inbox me your postal address, let me send you an inland letter!

Sent! I am expecting a letter soon!

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

One thing that used to please me a lot was my grandfather's letters. He used to send me letters every year till his eyesight faded and the last letter i recieved was "Dear Swetha, How are you?" and inspite of his weak vision, he posted that letter. I really miss my granddad

What i really miss is, writing letters to each other. When i was younger, i used to send inland letter to my friends just before their birthday and it used to be really wonderful when we recieve one just before birthday (or any occasions for that matter). I really miss having pen friends because it was fun decorating and writing the letters!

I wish i could be pen friend of Kalyani and Sandhya and also ceemji and gulshan ji :) If ram babu sir was my pen friend, then we will be talking in terms of drawings only! hehe!

Ram Baboo would just send drawings and no words.

Ahaha, you guessed it right. I love to do like that. Because, they say a picture speaks more than a word.
One thing that used to please me a lot was my grandfather's letters. He used to send me letters every year till his eyesight faded and the last letter i recieved was "Dear Swetha, How are you?" and inspite of his weak vision, he posted that letter. I really miss my granddad

What i really miss is, writing letters to each other. When i was younger, i used to send inland letter to my friends just before their birthday and it used to be really wonderful when we recieve one just before birthday (or any occasions for that matter). I really miss having pen friends because it was fun decorating and writing the letters!

I wish i could be pen friend of Kalyani and Sandhya and also ceemji and gulshan ji :) If ram babu sir was my pen friend, then we will be talking in terms of drawings only! hehe!

Shweta, its ok with me to be your Pen friend and write about art, because that's the only thing I know..

drawing friend with the name 'Painter Babu' :P :P :P

Swetha, your words are really touching my mind.

Actually our forums are also nothing short than pen friends. Except a few, I have never talked to anyone though I mingle with everyone everyday, as if we are all a part of family. I have not seen anyone. So, we are pen friends using internet as medium, than postal letters. Though, online relations are virtual, the hearts speaking words through posts and wits are not at all robots or virtual :)

Meera sandhu
I also miss playing with friends in the park which I seldom see these days as there are no parks left in the locality I live.

Waiting for few pragrams on TV like Chitrahaar,Saptahikee,feature films,Rangoli etc. :laugh:,waiting for late night pragrams without letting it known to the parents. :laugh:

Waiting for Binaca geet mala every week. :)

Acting to study when mother used to scold us. :woohoo:
Thank you said by: Sandhya Rani

Actually our forums are also nothing short than pen friends. Except a few, I have never talked to anyone though I mingle with everyone everyday, as if we are all a part of family. I have not seen anyone. So, we are pen friends using internet as medium, than postal letters. Though, online relations are virtual, the hearts speaking words through posts and wits are not at all robots or virtual :)

Yes they may be virtual but these may be pure and good like an offline relationship. Most of the people don't rate online friendship as they rate offline friendship but now I realise that online friendship is better than offline as we don't expect things in online friendship which makes it last longer. :)
Thank you said by: Sandhya Rani

Yes, true sandhya but the thing is, having the letters on your hand will comfort you during your trials. when we are sad, we prefer to be alone,. i donot have so much comfort from a computer but a pile of letters make me in joy in seconds.

I really like if someone writes to me in paper and i keep that paper with me, you must see my room, half of it is filled with gifts and letters given by everyone, I still have my books covering my cupboard..

Swetha Shenoy
Swetha,
I have always kept safe those letters I used to receive from my dearest friend, Prasad, till my marriage. I have mentioned about him in many discussions here. We started that habit of writing each others in inland envelopes since we completed degree course. Those are literary pieces with philosophic touch and a language spoken by people who have 1 nut loose :woohoo: :woohoo: :laugh: :laugh:

one year back, I read a few of them and my mind was so light, free of all tensions :cheer:

Meera sandhu
yes, it is somehow very healing during tough times!

I wish my pen friend was also ceemji, i would have been bursting out of laughter everytime i received his mail

Swetha Shenoy
You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.