Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
Is writing email or gossiping in Facebook not same as letter writing. Earlier we used to use pen and ink. Instead now we use internet facility. This is same. Friends on line is same as pen friend.

Yes its same except we don't write letters and don't rely on Postal department to get it delivered to the person. :woohoo:

Well does that happen - the person not getting the letters, etc? I haven't experienced that yet. Maybe someone else might have.

Yes it used to happen in the past but not now days as now the postal department has less work due to introduction of computers. :laugh:

It would be wrong to say that the postal department has less work. The introduction of computers means printing, instead of writing and don't forget the bar coding too. Life's still not easy for them.

No due to emails,FB and mobile phone people have almost stopped writing letter so they have reduced work of postal department. :)
Is writing email or gossiping in Facebook not same as letter writing. Earlier we used to use pen and ink. Instead now we use internet facility. This is same. Friends on line is same as pen friend.

Yes its same except we don't write letters and don't rely on Postal department to get it delivered to the person. :woohoo:

Well does that happen - the person not getting the letters, etc? I haven't experienced that yet. Maybe someone else might have.

Yes it used to happen in the past but not now days as now the postal department has less work due to introduction of computers. :laugh:

It would be wrong to say that the postal department has less work. The introduction of computers means printing, instead of writing and don't forget the bar coding too. Life's still not easy for them.

No due to emails,FB and mobile phone people have almost stopped writing letter so they have reduced work of postal department. :)

Well that's how you perceive things, Sanjeev. But I still believe that those people still have to cater to hundreds of people daily. I have seen and experienced this personally.

Well that's how you perceive things, Sanjeev. But I still believe that those people still have to cater to hundreds of people daily. I have seen and experienced this personally.

How you observed it personally? :blink:

Even I have observed now postman rarely delivers letters to our home unlike he used to in the past. :blink:

How you observed it personally? :blink:

Even I have observed now postman rarely delivers letters to our home unlike he used to in the past. :blink:

Oh so you are talking only through a postman's point of view. Just visit your GPO and you will understand what I am saying.
Actually postal department is busy in more activities than ever before but distribution of letters have come down to great extent. The postmen thinks it obligatory and want 'tips' for delivering letters. I have faced it thrice in last couple of months. Besides postal services have gone up cost-wise compared to courier.

I love this free image hosting site for sharing my work

https://o0.nz/

Actually postal department is busy in more activities than ever before but distribution of letters have come down to great extent. The postmen thinks it obligatory and want 'tips' for delivering letters. I have faced it thrice in last couple of months. Besides postal services have gone up cost-wise compared to courier.

Oh yes, that's good observation, I must say. We associate postal department only with a postman. But they have lots of other works too.

Oh yes, that's good observation, I must say. We associate postal department only with a postman. But they have lots of other works too.

Oh I thought postman work is just confined to delver letters to home I don't what else they do apart from this. :blink:

Oh I thought postman work is just confined to delver letters to home I don't what else they do apart from this. :blink:

I am happy that now you know something more about the postal department, though only at facevalue. You will know more if you explore more!

:) Yes it is right only medium is changed.

:) Yes it is right only medium is changed.

This change isn't a change just for the sake of it. It is a sea change. Electronic communication is far too advanced as compared to the traditional communication.
You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.