Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
It seems you are not happy with the advancement of the technology..... Anil ji and Gulshan ji are right that only medium is changed , earlier we used to write letter now we compose mail, earlier we deliver thru postal department and now it is Internet. Friends are same.
It seems you are not happy with the advancement of the technology..... Anil ji and Gulshan ji are right that only medium is changed , earlier we used to write letter now we compose mail, earlier we deliver thru postal department and now it is Internet. Friends are same.

Well, I don't want to keep pushing my point forward. But I will mention just one thing that writing letters has a lot of emotion attached to it than typing it like this. Moreover, we can hold the letters physically too.

It is not really a question of technology but I feel that receiving personal letters and notes have a more personal touch than receiving an email or an SMS. Also, taking time and efforts to write a personal letter means that you consider the relationship as being valuable and it would surprise you that in countries like UK it is still considered rude to wish someone on birthday or Christmas etc. via electronics!
Also, the nostalgia and memories attached to such letters and notes are invaluable and beats technology every time.

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

Thank you said by: jabeen

It is not really a question of technology but I feel that receiving personal letters and notes have a more personal touch than receiving an email or an SMS. Also, taking time and efforts to write a personal letter means that you consider the relationship as being valuable and it would surprise you that in countries like UK it is still considered rude to wish someone on birthday or Christmas etc. via electronics!
Also, the nostalgia and memories attached to such letters and notes are invaluable and beats technology every time.

I agree with you mam. The only advantage of technology improvement over personal letters is the time taken for the mails to be delivered is very short in comparison to postal letters.
Thank you said by: Kalyani Nandurkar

You got my point Kalyani. I meant to say that what all you have said. But I was in no mood to say that all. I was very tired of typing :woohoo:

You got my point Kalyani. I meant to say that what all you have said. But I was in no mood to say that all. I was very tired of typing :woohoo:

Technology changes the mode but not the essence. Personal email is as good as a hand written or typed letter. Email is entirely personal and differs from social sites like Facebook. These days, letters through post office are mainly official or business. Even business mail is increasingly electronic. Possibly, next generation may not be even conversant with hand written letters sent through post office.

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

Technology changes the mode but not the essence. Personal email is as good as a hand written or typed letter. Email is entirely personal and differs from social sites like Facebook. These days, letters through post office are mainly official or business. Even business mail is increasingly electronic. Possibly, next generation may not be even conversant with hand written letters sent through post office.

Technology has taken the essence out of letter writing. Who ever writes the letter, it is the same. There is no emotion to such letters. In handwritten letters, we can feel the person around us.

Yes Abhijit because I am one of those who still believe in the good old snail mail, especially when sending greetings, thank you notes etc, only I send them by courier instead of regular post as they take ages to reach their destination! And don't let your mood get the better of you or you may be misunderstood at times! :woohoo:

see my article I have written long back on this subject!
http://www.boddunan.com/articles/miscellaneous/51-general-reference/13139-the-power-of-writing.html

Yes Abhijit because I am one of those who still believe in the good old snail mail, especially when sending greetings, thank you notes etc, only I send them by courier instead of regular post as they take ages to reach their destination! And don't let your mood get the better of you or you may be misunderstood at times! :woohoo:

http://www.boddunan.com/articles/miscellaneous/51-general-reference/13139-the-power-of-writing.html

We have no option but to move with time and technology. No we cannot venture sending letters through pigeons.

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

We have no option but to move with time and technology. No we cannot venture sending letters through pigeons.

No one is using pigeons and then again, it is purely a matter of personal preference! Those who consider sentimental values as being important will never give up on personal communication such as letters, others who do not can stick to digital version!

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.