Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
It seems you are not happy with the advancement of the technology..... Anil ji and Gulshan ji are right that only medium is changed , earlier we used to write letter now we compose mail, earlier we deliver thru postal department and now it is Internet. Friends are same.

It is not really a question of technology but I feel that receiving personal letters and notes have a more personal touch than receiving an email or an SMS. Also, taking time and efforts to write a personal letter means that you consider the relationship as being valuable and it would surprise you that in countries like UK it is still considered rude to wish someone on birthday or Christmas etc. via electronics!
Also, the nostalgia and memories attached to such letters and notes are invaluable and beats technology every time.

You got my point Kalyani. I meant to say that what all you have said. But I was in no mood to say that all. I was very tired of typing :woohoo:

Yes Abhijit because I am one of those who still believe in the good old snail mail, especially when sending greetings, thank you notes etc, only I send them by courier instead of regular post as they take ages to reach their destination! And don't let your mood get the better of you or you may be misunderstood at times! :woohoo:

see my article I have written long back on this subject!
http://www.boddunan.com/articles/miscellaneous/51-general-reference/13139-the-power-of-writing.html

We have no option but to move with time and technology. No we cannot venture sending letters through pigeons.

No one is using pigeons and then again, it is purely a matter of personal preference! Those who consider sentimental values as being important will never give up on personal communication such as letters, others who do not can stick to digital version!

That's right. We aren't talking about pigeons. But as you rightly said, there is something of a sentiment attached to writing than just typing. It is not the question of sending urgent mails through traditional ways. It is just like writing a simple letter and exchanging a few thoughts, that's it. Old is gold, after all.
I used to have a few pen pals who have now turned facebook friends lol....however, I do write letters to a few cousins and my children once in a way just to keep up the habit.i have noticed that thoughts flow better when I sit with a notepad and pen and I also make it a point to preserve all the letters I get since they are few and far in between..

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

I used to have a few pen pals who have now turned facebook friends lol....however, I do write letters to a few cousins and my children once in a way just to keep up the habit.i have noticed that thoughts flow better when I sit with a notepad and pen and I also make it a point to preserve all the letters I get since they are few and far in between..

Oh wow Ushaji, that's great. Robert has already become my pal and he has sent me his address too. I will write a letter to him tomorrow as it is holiday. I would also like you to become my pen friend.
Thank you said by: RobertP

Oh wow Ushaji, that's great. Robert has already become my pal and he has sent me his address too. I will write a letter to him tomorrow as it is holiday. I would also like you to become my pen friend.

Great! Good to hear this from you. I am eagerly looking forward to your letter so that I can reply using your address in that letter.

Born to express, not to impress.
http://royalrobsideas.blogspot.in/

Great! Good to hear this from you. I am eagerly looking forward to your letter so that I can reply using your address in that letter.

Yes, you should get that in 3-4 days. I think that much time should be enough. And then I will start waiting for your reply :laugh: :laugh:
Few years ago - I have seen several advertisement s regarding penpal in newspapers. Besides , there were few penpal magazines too.

Born to express, not to impress.
http://royalrobsideas.blogspot.in/
Few years ago - I have seen several advertisement s regarding penpal in newspapers. Besides , there were few penpal magazines too.

Penpal magazines? And what's that? Actually I am hearing that for the first time.

Penpal magazines? And what's that? Actually I am hearing that for the first time.

There were pen friends club and magazines years ago. There used to be separate classified columns in newspapers for penfriends. But now all this has been replaced by Facebook, Twitter etc.

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

There were pen friends club and magazines years ago. There used to be separate classified columns in newspapers for penfriends. But now all this has been replaced by Facebook, Twitter etc.

Yes, Facebook is everywhere today. And most people are there. At times, it is a matter of fun if anyone is not on FB.
I heard about the pen pals. But I don't have any pen pal friends. :( :( :( :(

http://rebacca-vethathiri.blogspot.in/
You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.