Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
It is the parents who are totally responsible for the children's attitude. I would not blame teachers at all although it is true that they teach children, but how many hours does a child spend in school? It is from their own homes that children pick up disruptive traits, most of them probably imitate the behaviour of their fathers' violent behaviour in homes. Also even though not all homes may have violence in them, children pick up things from TV< movies etc. It is the duty of parents to guide them on what is wrong and what is right. Finer feelings such as sensitivity, gentleness etc. are never taught to little boys as these feelings are considered womanly, a cause for concern as it sends a wrong message that being a man means being destructive and violent. I also blame most parents who do not correct their child's aggressiveness in its fledgeling stages, as now people believe that spanking children is not right. BUt at times it is needed only then will their attitude change.

What would a parent do if his kid isn't listening to him in spite of making him see sense. How would parents feel that their children aren't listening to them even when they are brainwashing him always? Well, one can't One can't be too tough on them or they can take extreme steps too.
It is the parents who are totally responsible for the children's attitude. I would not blame teachers at all although it is true that they teach children, but how many hours does a child spend in school? It is from their own homes that children pick up disruptive traits, most of them probably imitate the behaviour of their fathers' violent behaviour in homes. Also even though not all homes may have violence in them, children pick up things from TV< movies etc. It is the duty of parents to guide them on what is wrong and what is right. Finer feelings such as sensitivity, gentleness etc. are never taught to little boys as these feelings are considered womanly, a cause for concern as it sends a wrong message that being a man means being destructive and violent. I also blame most parents who do not correct their child's aggressiveness in its fledgeling stages, as now people believe that spanking children is not right. BUt at times it is needed only then will their attitude change.

I partially agree with it as sometimes parents teach their kids all the moral things which you talked about but still they don't turn out to be the same as their parents wanted them to be. In that case I would blame the society for it as kids do have a sensitive minds and they easily catch up the things they see don't think if they are picking up the bad things. I know few of the kids whose parents were real gem and they taught their kids to become like them in future and in reality everything happened totally different when they grew up. :evil:

Sanjeev, I did mention the good old traditional spanking in that case! Even though parents may teach good behavior, children are bound to pick up bad things from TV, movies, friends etc. so sometime if they do not listen to you, you have to be firm and assertive and if that fails too, you can wield your authority and punish them accordingly!

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

What would a parent do if his kid isn't listening to him in spite of making him see sense. How would parents feel that their children aren't listening to them even when they are brainwashing him always? Well, one can't One can't be too tough on them or they can take extreme steps too.

See my reply to Sanjeev's post! And unless you show your kids that you really mean business, they will not really understand,. but once you are firm and put this message across, they will surely toe the line!

Thank you said by: Abhijit Dnyaneshwar Bangal

See my reply to Sanjeev's post! And unless you show your kids that you really mean business, they will not really understand,. but once you are firm and put this message across, they will surely toe the line!

I agree with kalyani ! Talking from my own experience as a mother of three and a class full of 40 odd students, children do listen when you make them understand .All that is required is a bit of patience and understanding.i see many teachers screaming at the top of their voice using abusive language which is definitely not going to help.If instead they dealt with the students with a little more understanding and treat them as individuals instead of cattle things would be different.
My three children are all different in their temperaments and attitudes and have given me trying times during their growing years but when I made an appeal and had a talk with them, they always listened and did what was right and had to be done.

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Thank you said by: Kalyani Nandurkar

I partially agree with it as sometimes parents teach their kids all the moral things which you talked about but still they don't turn out to be the same as their parents wanted them to be. In that case I would blame the society for it as kids do have a sensitive minds and they easily catch up the things they see don't think if they are picking up the bad things. I know few of the kids whose parents were real gem and they taught their kids to become like them in future and in reality everything happened totally different when they grew up. :evil:

Yes one should be assertive in such cases but practically speaking still there are kids who don't come to right track as no parent would like that their kid to be like Anil mentioned, :blink: had it been the case then this then this world would have been better. In my opinion its more or like the environment the kid get in his/her sarroundings which is more responsible for his/her behaviour when he grows.Its not only because of his/her parents as no parent would like to have a spolied kid. :)

Sanjeev, I did mention the good old traditional spanking in that case! Even though parents may teach good behavior, children are bound to pick up bad things from TV, movies, friends etc. so sometime if they do not listen to you, you have to be firm and assertive and if that fails too, you can wield your authority and punish them accordingly!
Thank you said by: Kalyani Nandurkar

I agree with kalyani ! Talking from my own experience as a mother of three and a class full of 40 odd students, children do listen when you make them understand .All that is required is a bit of patience and understanding.i see many teachers screaming at the top of their voice using abusive language which is definitely not going to help.If instead they dealt with the students with a little more understanding and treat them as individuals instead of cattle things would be different.
My three children are all different in their temperaments and attitudes and have given me trying times during their growing years but when I made an appeal and had a talk with them, they always listened and did what was right and had to be done.

Thanks Usha, Yes each child has a different temperament and needs a special treatment, by special I mean different from the other child, not pampering. Now I see the parents indulging their child when it comes to toys, clothes, junk food, movies etc. but when it comes to interaction they treat children as if they are incapable of understanding things. That is where the damage starts occurring!

Thank you said by: usha manohar
In such a situation one cannot totally blame the parents. No parent would teach his child to hurt others in any way. If the children aren't listening, then they are children and won't listen immediately.

I beg to differ with you. Right, No parent would teach his child to hurt others in any way. But the parent could have taught not to resort to violence . I'm of the firm opinion, if the roots are good, fruits are bound to be good.

Not necessarily. How many examples we have where parents are well-behaved and their children or a child is exactly the opposite in nature, or vice versa? Even a mango tree can have sour mangoes, isn't it?

There is no university better than a Home and there is no guru better than parents. Practically every thing good or bad starts from the very premises of the home.
In such a situation one cannot totally blame the parents. No parent would teach his child to hurt others in any way. If the children aren't listening, then they are children and won't listen immediately.

Yes parents are not responsible totally but freedom to children beyond limit is cause of such attitude.

It can be the opposite too. If children are kept too restrained, they look to enjoy themselves when their parents aren't around. And in the heat of the moment, such things can happen too.
B)

Yes parents are not responsible totally but freedom to children beyond limit is cause of such attitude.

It can be the opposite too. If children are kept too restrained, they look to enjoy themselves when their parents aren't around. And in the heat of the moment, such things can happen too.

Yes it may be possible but every this must be under proper supervision. One I saw that I child aged approx10 years came for earing pani puri with 100 rs. it is good thing.

:) It is looking that this topic is interested one. Very long responds. I wants to read all but time is limited.

Thanks Usha, Yes each child has a different temperament and needs a special treatment, by special I mean different from the other child, not pampering. Now I see the parents indulging their child when it comes to toys, clothes, junk food, movies etc. but when it comes to interaction they treat children as if they are incapable of understanding things. That is where the damage starts occurring!
You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.