:( Advocacy is a graceful and noble profession. Many great persons, like Dr, Rajinder Prasad, Nehru, Sardar Patel etc. have been associated with this profession. But in these days attitude of advocates are like laborer union. For their demands they are fighting with police, burning vehicles. work suspend is very common in these days for advocates. I think this attitude is stigma on this profession.
Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
:( Advocacy is a graceful and noble profession. Many great persons, like Dr, Rajinder Prasad, Nehru, Sardar Patel etc. have been associated with this profession. But in these days attitude of advocates are like laborer union. For their demands they are fighting with police, burning vehicles. work suspend is very common in these days for advocates. I think this attitude is stigma on this profession.

There are quite a few and the number is growing very strong who could be dubbed as cheats and swindlers!!
An advocate plays a critical role in the society and justice system. They should have honesty and integrity and should never do anything that deteriorate their credibility in the social system.

There are quite a few and the number is growing very strong who could be dubbed as cheats and swindlers!!

They too are a reflection of our society which has reached rock bottom now where ethics and morals are concerned, everybody wants to make a fast buck without bothering about how they want to do it...

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

But because of such swindlers and cheats, all the lawyers have been branded as being liars, even though some of them are genuine and honest. Recently I read an interesting article pertaining to young lawyers who wanted to get married. Young men and women both are now being shunned by the prospective spouse's parents and no one is willing to marry them any more! :blink:

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

But because of such swindlers and cheats, all the lawyers have been branded as being liars, even though some of them are genuine and honest. Recently I read an interesting article pertaining to young lawyers who wanted to get married. Young men and women both are now being shunned by the prospective spouse's parents and no one is willing to marry them any more! :blink:

I think that is totally unfair, we see doctors, engineers and lawyers, all of them at times not giving heed to work ethics, so why single out lawyers alone ? I know so many of them who try their level best to do what they can inspite of having to fight many odds within the legal system...

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

I think that is totally unfair, we see doctors, engineers and lawyers, all of them at times not giving heed to work ethics, so why single out lawyers alone ? I know so many of them who try their level best to do what they can inspite of having to fight many odds within the legal system...

It beats me how the mentality of people works, now even doctors are not preferred much except by fellow doctors and then again, only those who have already an established practice. Engineers, only those who are in IT and those who have opportunities of traveling abroad are being preferred more. So I think instead of compatibility, one;s own capability and eligibility, financial status and a certain lifestyle is a target now for prospective brides and grooms!

The issue is that the best do not enter the legal profession. This is a residuary profession that you choose if not suitable for any other. Many advocates are not even whole time professionals. I know one advocate who is actually a primary school teacher- a job that he got on compassionate basis on death of his wife. Many are in business or some other jobs but use the law qualification only for cheating and bullying.

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

The issue is that the best do not enter the legal profession. This is a residuary profession that you choose if not suitable for any other. Many advocates are not even whole time professionals. I know one advocate who is actually a primary school teacher- a job that he got on compassionate basis on death of his wife. Many are in business or some other jobs but use the law qualification only for cheating and bullying.

I think what you have said has now become the norm of the day and this is what repels others from the judicial profession.
It is indeed an irony how a profession that is related to justice is full of unscrupulous people like these lawyers!

An advocate plays a critical role in the society and justice system. They should have honesty and integrity and should never do anything that deteriorate their credibility in the social system.

B) For this noble profession one must have honest. But these are rare.

They too are a reflection of our society which has reached rock bottom now where ethics and morals are concerned, everybody wants to make a fast buck without bothering about how they want to do it...

:) Yes it very common thing, advocates are also part of society but they are not illiterate persons. It is not good thing to throwing stones on police and burning their vehicles. In constitution ethics and code of conduct is defined. Did you hear any time strike or assitation by Chartered Accountants.
You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.