Remember the question I had asked about my rose long back?

I just changed the place I had kept it in, I shifted the pot to another side of my balcony where the afternoon sun does not come, sprayed it with a strong Neem and turmeric decoction and pruned it rather deeply. I did this a month ago and yesterday, the first rose fro this season bloomed! See for yourself the results I got! I feel rather pleased and proud of myself!!! :) :) :)

{CJATTACHMENT ["id": 10485]}

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
Wow.. Its look really good. You got really good result for your modification. Great work.

ANDROIOS: http://androios-tweaks.blogspot.com
Thanks Anand! Yes that is why I wanted to share so that others might pick up clues for their problems too!

Thanks Anand! Yes that is why I wanted to share so that others might pick up clues for their problems too!

Well, now as i am in my home town I can go for few plants.. I was thinking about it since long, but as I was in apartment first so I was avoiding it. But now can go for it, so your tips can help me out later on. :)

ANDROIOS: http://androios-tweaks.blogspot.com
Thank you said by: Kalyani Nandurkar
Its looking good. So your efforts finally been paid. I don't get much of time to do gardening but my mother does it and she has collection of so many plants. :)

I just changed the place I had kept it in, I shifted the pot to another side of my balcony where the afternoon sun does not come, sprayed it with a strong Neem and turmeric decoction and pruned it rather deeply. I did this a month ago and yesterday, the first rose fro this season bloomed! See for yourself the results I got! I feel rather pleased and proud of myself!!! :) :) :)

Finally you are paid to your efforts. Rose looks pleasant and awesome :laugh:
Really Beautiful Rose.

Changing place of the pot it's a good idea.

great work.

Be positive
Really Beautiful Rose.

Changing place of the pot it's a good idea.

great work.

Yes Vaishnavi, I have learned that with plants sometimes changing place is better for them, the amount of light affects the plants either positively or negatively, so you need to keep an eye on them all the time!

Colour of rose is beautiful. Nice flower. You have done hard work to get it grown so beautifully.

Thats great Kalyani, the rose looks healthy , roses need pruning from time to time I guess, here in Mangalore because of the humidity we are unable to grow roses successfully like it grows in Bangalore and other places, am sure Pune's weather is good for flower plants.. :)

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Yes Usha the weather in Pune is really good for growing not just roses but many other flowers as well! Actually I regularly pruned it lightly after each flush was gone, and deeply once a year, and also regular feedings. Yet there was some problem, the buds kept appearing and just drying off for no reason. Now after changing place I realized that the afternoon sun was playing spoilsport!

A couple of years ago, I had very beautiful red carnations growing in a pretty small pot! I wanted to continue growing but could not get a seedling anywhere!
Carnation-Etincellant.JPG (You do not have access to download this file.)

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.