The topic is locked.
:( Generally we have heart on left side. But I read that one person have heart on right side. He is not eligible for selection in defense service and in police. He was rejected because his heart is on right side of chest. Is it abnormality? He is quite healthy and have not any health problem.

http://www.bhaskar.com/article/RAJ-JAI-heart-became-the-obstacle-in-the-way-of-career-4225475-PHO.html?HF-1=
Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
:( Generally we have heart on left side. But I read that one person have heart on right side. He is not eligible for selection in defense service and in police. He was rejected because his heart is on right side of chest. Is it abnormality? He is quite healthy and have not any health problem.

http://www.bhaskar.com/article/RAJ-JAI-heart-became-the-obstacle-in-the-way-of-career-4225475-PHO.html?HF-1=

This is not at all an abnormality. This is something called Dextrocardia. Isolated dextrocardia is of no issue. But this can be one of the manifestations of certain congenital disease. In that case there may be other abnormalities associated with this. :cheer:
Armed forces are particular about physical standards and uniformity. Even if one is quite healthy, shorter or greater height or weight may disqualify. Heart at wrong place is clearly a departure from norm. I am not aware of exact norms of medical examination fro recruitment. But whatever the rules, medical board will strictly adhere to. If an exception is made, it will be decided at highest level.

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

I think its abnormality and I really doubt how his body is functioning properly. I mean how his whole body is functioning as there is relation of our system with the location. Imagine how his arteries and nerve have the routes towards brain his everything may be different than a normal human being. :blink:
I think its abnormality and I really doubt how his body is functioning properly. I mean how his whole body is functioning as there is relation of our system with the location. Imagine how his arteries and nerve have the routes towards brain his everything may be different than a normal human being. :blink:

Not really. There is not a lot of changes in his organ system. It will remain the same. Arteries and nerves are on both sides. So no changes in them too...

Not really. There is not a lot of changes in his organ system. It will remain the same. Arteries and nerves are on both sides. So no changes in them too...

And what about the the arteries like aorta which is connected to heart and plays major role in blood circulation. :)

And what about the the arteries like aorta which is connected to heart and plays major role in blood circulation. :)

Aorta is like the main stem of the plant / tree. Like stem divides into branches, aorta also divides into right and left branches.

Aorta is like the main stem of the plant / tree. Like stem divides into branches, aorta also divides into right and left branches.

Arun are you doctor? You have enough knowledge of human body.
Armed forces are particular about physical standards and uniformity. Even if one is quite healthy, shorter or greater height or weight may disqualify. Heart at wrong place is clearly a departure from norm. I am not aware of exact norms of medical examination fro recruitment. But whatever the rules, medical board will strictly adhere to. If an exception is made, it will be decided at highest level.

yes it is right that a person must be fulfill all condition to select in army. But in this case the person in question have not any fault. I think army norms are also silent for the location of heart.
I too had heard and read about such a news some years ago. Yes, that was some years ago. I don't even remember that now. I don't know if that is the same person I had then heard.

yes it is right that a person must be fulfill all condition to select in army. But in this case the person in question have not any fault. I think army norms are also silent for the location of heart.

There is no need for norms about location of heart. Doctors well know anatomy of human body and so well understand how our body organs are located. As this is a peculiar case, a decision in favor of the individual can be taken only at highest level.

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.