Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
Samoan airline says "pay by weight" plan fairest way to fly

http://in.screen.yahoo.com/samoan-airline-says-pay-weight-103515115.html

In a way I can understand their concern since there is a limit to how much an aircraft can carry and if suppose more than 50% of the passengers are in the range of 80 - 90 kgs ( many Europeans are huge built and easily weigh that) they need to balance it out ! But on the whole it doesnt make sense since overweight people will not travel by that airlines...

If a standard ST bus is taken into account where there are at least 50 passengers who weight at least 50KG each, the bus is carrying as much 2.5 tonnes of weight. So, the thinking of the airlines is correct in one sense.

A bus can carry 10-15 tonnes easily without problem, just think of overloaded buses with 100+ passengers. Besides trucks with almost same engines can carry up to 20 tonnes.

Yes they can as they are designed to bear that much load.

Tata and leyland have almost 95HP engines which are capable to carry 30 tonnes of weight including their on body weight.

I don't know how much load they can bear but that's for sure they can carry at least 200 people in it. :)

I don't understand what difference would it make if a few passengers are overweight, while a big aircraft can carry 2,50,000kg of weight of half of it the fuel itself. If some are overweight there are few who are underweight who makeup for the excess weight.

Not a difference it would make its just a proposal to take away some extra money from people as they know people who travel through airlines are normally overweight. :laugh:

This is not true, people traveling by air are self conscious people and hey keep their weight in check.

If we take into account the IPL matches, there are many players who often fly to play for their teams. They are in shape and certainly not overweight.
Samoan airline says "pay by weight" plan fairest way to fly

http://in.screen.yahoo.com/samoan-airline-says-pay-weight-103515115.html

In a way I can understand their concern since there is a limit to how much an aircraft can carry and if suppose more than 50% of the passengers are in the range of 80 - 90 kgs ( many Europeans are huge built and easily weigh that) they need to balance it out ! But on the whole it doesnt make sense since overweight people will not travel by that airlines...

If a standard ST bus is taken into account where there are at least 50 passengers who weight at least 50KG each, the bus is carrying as much 2.5 tonnes of weight. So, the thinking of the airlines is correct in one sense.

A bus can carry 10-15 tonnes easily without problem, just think of overloaded buses with 100+ passengers. Besides trucks with almost same engines can carry up to 20 tonnes.

Yes they can as they are designed to bear that much load.

Tata and leyland have almost 95HP engines which are capable to carry 30 tonnes of weight including their on body weight.

I don't know how much load they can bear but that's for sure they can carry at least 200 people in it. :)

I don't understand what difference would it make if a few passengers are overweight, while a big aircraft can carry 2,50,000kg of weight of half of it the fuel itself. If some are overweight there are few who are underweight who makeup for the excess weight.

Not a difference it would make its just a proposal to take away some extra money from people as they know people who travel through airlines are normally overweight. :laugh:

Another way of looking at it is that they are also in a subtle way advocating health consciousness , may be people would shed their excess kilos at least for this reason !!! :cheer:

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Pay by weight is okay for luggage. But paying this way for passenger is illogical. If al payments were made by weight of an individual, salary should also be based on weight. The fat individuals should get more income tax concession then.

I am agree with you that charge for luggage by weight is ok. But what some one do when single passenger require space of two person or more than one person.
Pay by weight is okay for luggage. But paying this way for passenger is illogical. If al payments were made by weight of an individual, salary should also be based on weight. The fat individuals should get more income tax concession then.

I am agree with you that charge for luggage by weight is ok. But what some one do when single passenger require space of two person or more than one person.

The rule would be useful if they give discount to underweight passengers.

I love this free image hosting site for sharing my work

https://o0.nz/

For passenger volume is important than weight.

For passenger volume is important than weight.

I don't think passenger volume has anything to do with weight, at least not to date.

I love this free image hosting site for sharing my work

https://o0.nz/

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.