Someone I know comes from a lower middle class family, but has a steady job earning Rs 9,000 per month. They belong to Scheduled tribe and here is a list of benefits they have got so far !
1, Free site measuring 3 cents (1008 sq ft)
2, Building expenses taken care of to the tune of 1 lakh 50 thousand rupees
3 ,Free electric wiring and all fixtures including bulbs and 2 fans
4, Free Water Supply + a overhead syntex tank
5, Free Gas connection with a single burner stove ( will have to pay for gas cylinders at a subsidised rate)
6, Subsidised Electric charges - Rs 175 per month regardless of how much they consume
7, Rice at Rs 2/ per KG
8, Free schooling for two children with a lump sum of Rs 2000 paid at the beginning of every school year
Then of course the other reservations and all other benefits...

I am not exaggerating ! This is a fact and we the tax payers have to bear the expenses ( directly or indirectly)

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
All welfare measures are aimed at capturing the vote banks.Everyone knows what's beneath these populist measures and the sinister designs of the Government.
Thank you said by: usha manohar
All welfare measures are aimed at capturing the vote banks.Everyone knows what's beneath these populist measures and the sinister designs of the Government.

Exactly ! what they re successfully doing is bringing up a generation of people who will take it easy and forget all about hard work, since they are privileged much like the politicians themselves and dont need to strive for anything like the rest ...

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Government should look at the economic status of a person rather than his caste or tribe before giving him subsidies on anything. It makes no sense in giving subsidy to a person who seems to be capable enough of buying things for himself.
Government should look at the economic status of a person rather than his caste or tribe before giving him subsidies on anything. It makes no sense in giving subsidy to a person who seems to be capable enough of buying things for himself.

I agree with that ! Economic status should be the only basis regardless of caste,religion or sect for giving help especially when a student is doing well in studies ...

I agree with that ! Economic status should be the only basis regardless of caste,religion or sect for giving help especially when a student is doing well in studies ...

Many of the established and rich business men in my state belong to the backward classes.Now the real sufferers are from the forward classes
I oppose all subsidies. These are only creating a class of dignified beggars. It is best to impart suitable education and skill to all based on potential so as to enable them to earn and stand on own feet.

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

I oppose all subsidies. These are only creating a class of dignified beggars. It is best to impart suitable education and skill to all based on potential so as to enable them to earn and stand on own feet.

Exactly! By providing a wide range of subsidies, the government is actually discouraging people from working hard and the young generation is straying away from doing anything worthwhile. And people like us are the ones who end up working their entire lives and spending lakhs and lakhs of rupees for a decent house and education of our children, while these types get everything for free! Whereas if we were to strive for betterment of all economical sections in our country, each and every individual should be working hard to get everything we need.

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

Thank you said by: usha manohar, Gulshan Kumar Ajmani

Exactly! By providing a wide range of subsidies, the government is actually discouraging people from working hard and the young generation is straying away from doing anything worthwhile. And people like us are the ones who end up working their entire lives and spending lakhs and lakhs of rupees for a decent house and education of our children, while these types get everything for free! Whereas if we were to strive for betterment of all economical sections in our country, each and every individual should be working hard to get everything we need.

Instead of trying to root this out the politicians want more reservations , so much so that the quota anywhere for general public now is only about 41% because there are so many different kind of reservations ! One of my friends daughter was selected in the written exams for a course doing very well, but she could not get through in the interview round simply because out of 15 the general category was for just 6 and the rest were all reserved ...And even those 6 had recommendations !

Instead of trying to root this out the politicians want more reservations , so much so that the quota anywhere for general public now is only about 41% because there are so many different kind of reservations ! One of my friends daughter was selected in the written exams for a course doing very well, but she could not get through in the interview round simply because out of 15 the general category was for just 6 and the rest were all reserved ...And even those 6 had recommendations !

Well, that is a kind of situation I myself have personally gone through!
The politicians are routing for increased reservations just for the sake of getting votes, but what no one realises or probably they do realise but won't admit that in the long run, this policy will only keep degrading the quality of the manpower as a whole finally leading to breakdown of all vital systems that need efficient manpower! :blink: I wonder when anyone will wake up to this fact!

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

Well, that is a kind of situation I myself have personally gone through!
The politicians are routing for increased reservations just for the sake of getting votes, but what no one realises or probably they do realise but won't admit that in the long run, this policy will only keep degrading the quality of the manpower as a whole finally leading to breakdown of all vital systems that need efficient manpower! :blink: I wonder when anyone will wake up to this fact!

It is already happening, we can see a dilution in quality everywhere in the governmental institutions ! Schools, hospitals and offices and our entire political system is performing so poorly ....what more can one say? It can only get worse ..

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.