:) Today is Lunar eclipse. Lunar eclipse and Sun eclipse are astronomical event. But in India these are associated with religious rituals.
What is you views about it.
Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
:) Today is Lunar eclipse. Lunar eclipse and Sun eclipse are astronomical event. But in India these are associated with religious rituals.

I read about it in the paper and if awake I would like to see it, but since I am too sleepy already I doubt if I get a chance to watch it, other than that I have no religious sentiments attached to it but have great interest, curiosity and regard for whatever happens in the universe

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

I treat it as an astronomical event. Nothing more or less. It was a partial eclipse in India and was visible for only for a short time. I did not see it anyhow.
All see Lunar eclipse as a superstitious, but we can avoid the fear about it.

http://rebacca-vethathiri.blogspot.in/
You are right. In many places in India, the spiritual people recite and chant the mantras in order to make them more powerful. But I don't know how many of them use it for the right cause.
I saw the lunar eclipse last night, it was only partial when I watched it but still it looked really very beautiful!

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

I saw the lunar eclipse last night, it was only partial when I watched it but still it looked really very beautiful!

Oh you were the fortunate one to watch it. I couldn't. There was a cloud cover over here and it was thick. It rained a bit too. I lost the chance :(

Oh you were the fortunate one to watch it. I couldn't. There was a cloud cover over here and it was thick. It rained a bit too. I lost the chance :(

Same here, I was too sleepy and it was cloudy and drizzling at night so I missed the chance....I am waiting for the next comet to appear,it really is an experience to watch it...

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Same here, I was too sleepy and it was cloudy and drizzling at night so I missed the chance....I am waiting for the next comet to appear,it really is an experience to watch it...

don't worry you can watch next in this year. I am not interested in watching it.

In India a Grahan or eclipse both lunar and solar are linked with religion. On this day major temples like Tirupati, are closed down for the devotees. Though eclipse is an astronomical event and people are curious to observe it, many religious beliefs will treat it as inauspicious. The practice in AP's major temples is to close the temples on the eclipse day, followed by a religious ritual after the eclipse known as 'Samproshana' or the process of washing off the impurities .

Yeah I think it rained in your district! We in Pune were lucky, at first it was cloudy around 12 midnight but later on the clouds shifted and the sky became really clear and I could watch it, around 1:10 or thereabouts but could not keep myself awake to watch it fully, but what partial eclipse I saw, it was beautiful! :)

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.