Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
My honest feeling on this count simply is that alexa rank could neither be the barometer or thermometer to determine the exact course of Boddunan. The very fact that the site is kicking and alive for so many years bears testimony to the fact that site is ready to face the dynamics of situations and which does call for timely changes being brought in. There could not be any sure-fire prescription for achieving dramatic progress in this regard. Although I have been away for altogether different reasons but I firmly believe and subscribe to what is already is known. Only the quality quotient - nothing else can take us to a new high and forum could not be a medium for that. We have to turn in quality articles in good numbers to improve our standing. That's all about it!

I totally agree with that, a change is always needed to reach new heights anywhere in life.......

@Usha

I have been around in this site for quite some time to be in a fairly objective position to comment on how things have evolved in Boddunan. In the initial months I could barely stand organized spamming efforts on the part of a few members. Needless to say that poverty was pronounced both in terms of ideas as well as their grammatical structures. Here I find a marked improvement with the recent changes. To put it more appropriately Boddunan is on the right track! I am perfectly aware that some good friends of mine would find it irritating but I have to say this taking a broad view of things !

Exactly my feelings too where quality is concerned, it certainly was missing for a long time and we are seeing it return in the forums, I just hope it stays this way! But I sure would like to see a bit more participation too!

And what is more remarkable is that my absence has led to this added quality!!!!
{CJATTACHMENT ["id": 10598]}

HUMPH!!! What can I say to this now??? :angry: :( :blink: :cheer:

Don't get stumped! That's what has exactly happened!!
{CJATTACHMENT ["id": 10599]}

So now you are going to use this as an excuse to stay away frequently!! :angry: :angry: Very Clever!!! :blink:

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

I think previously point system was ok when forum reply point was 5 I think it should remain same.

I already said this when the point system was revised but admin was adamant. :(

As its admin decision and we have to follow it but further its our choice if we remain with the site or go on to another site which we may find better than this. :blink:

Forum discussion is only a part of the entire Boddunan. Administration revises the points and rewards system time to time with a view to encourage the less performing sections. The articles and Questions section were lagging behind and so steps were taken to encourage those more than forum. If there is more activity on articles and questions and need arises to encourage Forum, policy may again change. Let us work according to admin policy. There is enough scope for earning and points in present system.

It's good that you raised the Question-Answer point here. I was going to start a discussion about it. For starting a new question, I guess there is only one point. If you look at the entire process, it is much lengthier than writing a reply here - which is for 3 points. So, that section needs some more encouragement.
Thank you said by: Gulshan Kumar Ajmani
@ SJ- I think you are part of the site so why should you shy away if you have any thing to share with admin?

Of course I am but I see most of the people don't agree so its better for me then follow with the site whatever rules they have set or quit if I don't find it according to my ways. :blink:

I agree with you, the option to quit is there if I do not find rules and working conditions according to my choice.

I love this free image hosting site for sharing my work

https://o0.nz/

@ SJ- I think you are part of the site so why should you shy away if you have any thing to share with admin?

Of course I am but I see most of the people don't agree so its better for me then follow with the site whatever rules they have set or quit if I don't find it according to my ways. :blink:

I agree with you, the option to quit is there if I do not find rules and working conditions according to my choice.

Entry and exit are both optional. Usually we do not enter with a view to exit. Happily, Boddunan is a more open site and views of all members- particularly the active ones- are heard and action taken though ultimate decision must lie with administration.

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.