Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
Wow Usha! YOur garden is doing extremely well! They all look really healthy and beautiful. I have got the last ones flowering now, the march lilies, although the ones I have are a bit darker of the same shade you have! Which is the first yellow flower in your first post? Is it a kind of hibiscus,. the leaves are more longer than hibiscus leaves?

Thanks a lot Kalyani, the plants are doing well since this year we have had sufficient water in our well , so no need to depend on corporation water which is anyway erratic !The first yellow flower is actually a wild variety of flower that I got from Western ghats and now they are growing well all over the place...very pretty ! The later one that I posted is that of a hibiscus ( the bright yellow one )

Yes the later one I could make out, the first one I am seeing for the first time, it is so beautiful. I think wild flowers are really very beautiful don't you, sometimes even more so than the cultivated ones! :)
wildflower.jpg (You do not have access to download this file.)

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

Wow Usha! YOur garden is doing extremely well! They all look really healthy and beautiful. I have got the last ones flowering now, the march lilies, although the ones I have are a bit darker of the same shade you have! Which is the first yellow flower in your first post? Is it a kind of hibiscus,. the leaves are more longer than hibiscus leaves?

Thanks a lot Kalyani, the plants are doing well since this year we have had sufficient water in our well , so no need to depend on corporation water which is anyway erratic !The first yellow flower is actually a wild variety of flower that I got from Western ghats and now they are growing well all over the place...very pretty ! The later one that I posted is that of a hibiscus ( the bright yellow one )

Yes the later one I could make out, the first one I am seeing for the first time, it is so beautiful. I think wild flowers are really very beautiful don't you, sometimes even more so than the cultivated ones! :)

Thats true, they are beautiful and I have some of them growing in my garden,looks more like weed but when it flowers it looks so lovely and when you take care, ading manure etc, they seem to grow well and the flowers too look larger and prettier like the one I have uploaded below...

{CJATTACHMENT ["id": 10608]}

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Here is a type of wildflowers I have got, although I do not know where it came from, maybe from the soil I got from the local nursery, but its really tiny and cute, some sort of wood sorrel!

{CJATTACHMENT ["id": 10609]}

Thats true, they are beautiful and I have some of them growing in my garden,looks more like weed but when it flowers it looks so lovely and when you take care, ading manure etc, they seem to grow well and the flowers too look larger and prettier like the one I have uploaded below...

{CJATTACHMENT ["id": 10608]}

Wow ! that really is so beautiful, the colour is lovely and cool, any idea what it is?

Here is a type of wildflowers I have got, although I do not know where it came from, maybe from the soil I got from the local nursery, but its really tiny and cute, some sort of wood sorrel!

Its very pretty, Kalyani, by any chance are the leaves sour ? because we cook it here, adding it to dhal etc...the leaves look familiar and here the Konkanas are very fond of making chatneys and dhal with the leaves

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Its very pretty, Kalyani, by any chance are the leaves sour ? because we cook it here, adding it to dhal etc...the leaves look familiar and here the Konkanas are very fond of making chatneys and dhal with the leaves

Yes Usha, the leaves are sour, it belongs to the sorrel family, I looked it up on the web and tasted the leaves. Although since i was not really sure, I haven't thought of using them for cooking. Have you yourself used it for your cooking? I can send you the its bulbs, they are really tiny and I am sure I can dig up a few! It came up on its own in a pot I had planted something else and then the sorrel invaded it completely! So I have them growing in a pot all on its own!

Yes Usha, the leaves are sour, it belongs to the sorrel family, I looked it up on the web and tasted the leaves. Although since i was not really sure, I haven't thought of using them for cooking. Have you yourself used it for your cooking? I can send you the its bulbs, they are really tiny and I am sure I can dig up a few! It came up on its own in a pot I had planted something else and then the sorrel invaded it completely! So I have them growing in a pot all on its own!

I have them here as well Kalayani, there are two varietiues one has yellow flowers and the other mauvish pink like the one you have posted. I have eaten it mixed with other leaves since the leaves are too small and you need a lot for one curry. I can give you a recipe for a raita which I make - Grind a little coconut, green chillies and cumin seeds to a paste and mix it with curds and salt.Stir fry the leaves until they shrivel up and add it to the curds, it is very tasty ! Ideal for summer and you can make this with any green leaves like methi leaves or palak !

lovely flowers.

Both of you good gardener. - Kalyani and Usha.

It is a really great result of yours hard work.

Be positive
Thank you said by: usha manohar, Kalyani Nandurkar

I have them here as well Kalayani, there are two varietiues one has yellow flowers and the other mauvish pink like the one you have posted. I have eaten it mixed with other leaves since the leaves are too small and you need a lot for one curry. I can give you a recipe for a raita which I make - Grind a little coconut, green chillies and cumin seeds to a paste and mix it with curds and salt.Stir fry the leaves until they shrivel up and add it to the curds, it is very tasty ! Ideal for summer and you can make this with any green leaves like methi leaves or palak !

Oh Great! I will try this recipe and let you know!! Thanks for the same! :)

Here are some photos of flowers from our garden
You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.