Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
Here are some photos of flowers from our garden

What happened jabeen ? still not able to upload images ? I suppose there is some problem at your end ..

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

What happened jabeen ? still not able to upload images ? I suppose there is some problem at your end ..

yeah, I am still facing problems in uploading the pictures. I have been trying to edit my previous post and insert the photos that I wanted to share but keep getting the error message. I guess I will have to upload those photos later when the problem ends.

By the way, does anybody know the name of a flower which has six petals of which three are white and alternate with three blue ones. The blue petals raise upward. The flower has shades of brown in the innermost part. The plant has long leaves. The flower blooms only for a day and fades the next day. Unfortunately, I am facing problem in uploading its photo so cannot share it now. However, if anybody knows the name of that plant I will be grateful
5c5cc_p1011566.jpg (You do not have access to download this file.)

yeah, I am still facing problems in uploading the pictures. I have been trying to edit my previous post and insert the photos that I wanted to share but keep getting the error message. I guess I will have to upload those photos later when the problem ends.

By the way, does anybody know the name of a flower which has six petals of which three are white and alternate with three blue ones. The blue petals raise upward. The flower has shades of brown in the innermost part. The plant has long leaves. The flower blooms only for a day and fades the next day. Unfortunately, I am facing problem in uploading its photo so cannot share it now. However, if anybody knows the name of that plant I will be grateful

Please check following link. This may serve your purpose.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Commelina_communis

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

Hope your problem gets solved at the earliest ! The flower you have discribed sounds very interesting, Is it Bethleham lily by any chance? Bethleham lily looks like a lotus flower...

{CJATTACHMENT ["id": 10611]}

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Hope your problem gets solved at the earliest ! The flower you have discribed sounds very interesting, Is it Bethleham lily by any chance? Bethleham lily looks like a lotus flower...

No, it is not Bethleham lily. It also doesn't look like the Asiatic dayflower that Gulshanjee has given the link to.

No, it is not Bethleham lily. It also doesn't look like the Asiatic dayflower that Gulshanjee has given the link to.

The flower Commelina is very beautiful....Do you have this flower at home, if so you must post the picture when you are able to do so...

Jabeen, I hope you get your problem sorted out soonest, we would like to see this flower very much. Meanwhile, check out flowersofindia.net website, it has an extensive list of flowers that are found all over India, with luck you could find yours, it has a section based on colours of flowers too. Hope this helps!

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

Thank you said by: jabeen

Jabeen, I hope you get your problem sorted out soonest, we would like to see this flower very much. Meanwhile, check out flowersofindia.net website, it has an extensive list of flowers that are found all over India, with luck you could find yours, it has a section based on colours of flowers too. Hope this helps!

Thanks to you! Finally I could identify the flower. :) It is a variety of walking Iris. It really is a beautiful flower.
NeomaricanorthianaWalkingIrisFlower.JPG (You do not have access to download this file.)

Thanks to you! Finally I could identify the flower. :) It is a variety of walking Iris. It really is a beautiful flower.

OH Really!! That's great, could you please tell me what page is it on? I just scanned the pages for all blue flowers but could not identify it! :)

OH Really!! That's great, could you please tell me what page is it on? I just scanned the pages for all blue flowers but could not identify it! :)

Don't worry about it, I just found it on the very first page, it is the same one isn't it? Its really really beautiful!! It has been photographed in Manipur, so I think it is indigenous to your part of the country! Is it a tuber or a bulb or what?

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.