Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
Here are some photos of flowers from our garden

What happened jabeen ? still not able to upload images ? I suppose there is some problem at your end ..

yeah, I am still facing problems in uploading the pictures. I have been trying to edit my previous post and insert the photos that I wanted to share but keep getting the error message. I guess I will have to upload those photos later when the problem ends.

By the way, does anybody know the name of a flower which has six petals of which three are white and alternate with three blue ones. The blue petals raise upward. The flower has shades of brown in the innermost part. The plant has long leaves. The flower blooms only for a day and fades the next day. Unfortunately, I am facing problem in uploading its photo so cannot share it now. However, if anybody knows the name of that plant I will be grateful

Jabeen, I hope you get your problem sorted out soonest, we would like to see this flower very much. Meanwhile, check out flowersofindia.net website, it has an extensive list of flowers that are found all over India, with luck you could find yours, it has a section based on colours of flowers too. Hope this helps!

Thanks to you! Finally I could identify the flower. :) It is a variety of walking Iris. It really is a beautiful flower.

I too found it and it looks a little like an orchid and very beuatiful, uploading a picture here I found on the net ..

{CJATTACHMENT ["id": 10614]}

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Thank you said by: jabeen, Kalyani Nandurkar

What happened jabeen ? still not able to upload images ? I suppose there is some problem at your end ..

yeah, I am still facing problems in uploading the pictures. I have been trying to edit my previous post and insert the photos that I wanted to share but keep getting the error message. I guess I will have to upload those photos later when the problem ends.

By the way, does anybody know the name of a flower which has six petals of which three are white and alternate with three blue ones. The blue petals raise upward. The flower has shades of brown in the innermost part. The plant has long leaves. The flower blooms only for a day and fades the next day. Unfortunately, I am facing problem in uploading its photo so cannot share it now. However, if anybody knows the name of that plant I will be grateful

Jabeen, I hope you get your problem sorted out soonest, we would like to see this flower very much. Meanwhile, check out flowersofindia.net website, it has an extensive list of flowers that are found all over India, with luck you could find yours, it has a section based on colours of flowers too. Hope this helps!

Thanks to you! Finally I could identify the flower. :) It is a variety of walking Iris. It really is a beautiful flower.

OH Really!! That's great, could you please tell me what page is it on? I just scanned the pages for all blue flowers but could not identify it! :)

Don't worry about it, I just found it on the very first page, it is the same one isn't it? Its really really beautiful!! It has been photographed in Manipur, so I think it is indigenous to your part of the country! Is it a tuber or a bulb or what?

I found it on the third page for white flowers. It is not a bulb but I am not sure about its root system. I have not observed it closely as it was already growing up when mother bought it.

OH Really!! That's great, could you please tell me what page is it on? I just scanned the pages for all blue flowers but could not identify it! :)

Don't worry about it, I just found it on the very first page, it is the same one isn't it? Its really really beautiful!! It has been photographed in Manipur, so I think it is indigenous to your part of the country! Is it a tuber or a bulb or what?

I found it on the third page for white flowers. It is not a bulb but I am not sure about its root system. I have not observed it closely as it was already growing up when mother bought it.

I just read a bit about it and the way it propagates itself is quite ingenious, it forms a new plantlet at the tip of its flower stalk which then bends to the ground and takes root, therefor the name 'walking iris' as it walks all over the place!! :laugh:

http://www.gardeningknowhow.com/ornamental/flowers/walking-iris/walking-iris-plants.htm

It can also be grown from rhizomes so perhaps you could send a couple of those to us! :laugh: :)

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.