Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
In the commonwealth bank series against australia he argued with the umpires for giving the batsman not out
Dravid all the way. This old war horse never failed to measure up to the expectations of the cricket lovers.

I would still go for Dhoni, not for his glamour, but the way he keeps calm. Dravid certainly isn't as cool as Dhoni.

The trait of maintaining cool in adverse conditions started with Dravid. Many of Dhoni's wins were supported by others contributions. Remember Dravid's epic performance in Kolkata against Aussies?

It's a team game so it is but natural that others will contribute to the team's cause - irrespective of Dhoni being the captain or not. I do remember that knock. But, I forgot the match recently in IPL when Dravid got out just short of his 50 and he just stopped at the last moment slamming the bat on the ground. That showed his frustration. Yes Dhoni too gets frustrated. But has anyone seen him doing any such thing?

Frustration is a part of any activity.especially when the things go in a wrong direction against your plans. Wisdom lies in overcoming the frustrations and see towards your goals.

And that's what Dhoni has been doing calmly over the years. I guess that's the secret of his extraordinary success.

And that's what Dhoni has been doing calmly over the years. I guess that's the secret of his extraordinary success.

Dravid gets frustrated and then overcomes it. But dhoni never gets frustrated. He faces every situation calmly. That is his secret of success.

Dravid gets frustrated and then overcomes it. But dhoni never gets frustrated. He faces every situation calmly. That is his secret of success.

Media reported CSK, including its skipper were under the burden of stress in the finals. Additionally, Dhoni evaded the press after the debacle of CSK. What happened to his coolness?

Media reported CSK, including its skipper were under the burden of stress in the finals. Additionally, Dhoni evaded the press after the debacle of CSK. What happened to his coolness?

You cannot be sure that Dhoni evaded just because he was frustrated. If he was not cool, he would have got out earlier in the match. He played his natural innings till the last ball when there was no one to support him from the other end. That proves his coolness.

You pinpointed that out correctly. I haven't seen Dhoni get frustrated even in most difficult times. We can hardly find such a skipper again.
Thank you said by: V.Arunkumar
I think, Dravid is good caption. But In this ILP Dhoni has impressed to people.

Be positive
As a captain,Dhoni impressed me very much when compared with Dravid,because of wonderful captain-ship,good decision making with stylish play ,cool behavior and take it easy policy..etc.,

Dhoni has always impressed people around him and his fans. And why only this IPL, Dhoni rocks in other formats of the game too.

Dhoni has always impressed people around him and his fans. And why only this IPL, Dhoni rocks in other formats of the game too.

Yes...I agree with you. Dhoni rocks in other format of cricket also.After his arrival,India ranked first in ODI ,test and T20 matches and got world cups.Perfectly, skillful person as a captain..
You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.