Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
The thread was about comparing with characters of epics- which mean Ramayana, Mahabharata etc. But we are really comparing ourselves with real life characters.

Thats true, so my choice would be Draupadi and why not ? :dry: she was according to me the central character of Mahabharata and the entire story in some way or the other revolved around her ..

Great choice! Draupadi was indeed a central character and not just that, she was very strong and a true woman of the earth!

True, Kalyani, I have always admired her strength and the way she handled adversities....There is a novel written by Chitra Banerjee Divakaruni, entirely on her and her perspective Called The Palace of Illusions , which is a good read !

Oh that does seem to be a good book, I had never heard of it., I must find it now as soon as I can!

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

The thread was about comparing with characters of epics- which mean Ramayana, Mahabharata etc. But we are really comparing ourselves with real life characters.

Thats true, so my choice would be Draupadi and why not ? :dry: she was according to me the central character of Mahabharata and the entire story in some way or the other revolved around her ..

Great choice! Draupadi was indeed a central character and not just that, she was very strong and a true woman of the earth!

True, Kalyani, I have always admired her strength and the way she handled adversities....There is a novel written by Chitra Banerjee Divakaruni, entirely on her and her perspective Called The Palace of Illusions , which is a good read !

Oh that does seem to be a good book, I had never heard of it., I must find it now as soon as I can!

Kalyani, Since it is old you might find a copy at the second hand stores too... You could go through this link just to know the gist ...

http://32minutes.wordpress.com/2011/04/24/chitra-banerjee-divakaruni-the-palace-of-illusions/

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Thank you said by: Kalyani Nandurkar

Kalyani, Since it is old you might find a copy at the second hand stores too... You could go through this link just to know the gist ...

http://32minutes.wordpress.com/2011/04/24/chitra-banerjee-divakaruni-the-palace-of-illusions/

I just read the excerpt, it is truly beautiful!!

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

Thank you said by: usha manohar
If you want to compare with any character of any epic then which character you will compare yourself?

I will compare myself with Mumtaaj

With which Mumtaaj, Mumtaaz of empire Shajhan or Mumtaaz of Mayur Madhwani.

Anil I compare my self with shajhan mumtaaz, I want my would be husband love me that much :)

Slow and Steady Wins the Race.

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.