Mother Nature has been patient and forgiving for too long and now she can't take any more!! That's is precisely her stern message. The unimaginable scale of destruction and death in the region is all what we reaping out our unsustainable developmental architecture. What do you think?
Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
The words of Sunderlal Bahuguna when he warned the government against building Tehri dam have come true today. What else can we say other than that we are reaping the fruits of our own actions!

I have just submitted an article on this very issue, hope it is published as soon as possible.

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

Thank you said by: usha manohar
CAG has warned 3 years ago that the innumerable hydro electricity projects in the area are going to be the nemesis to the mankind. But the rulers looked the other way.
“An injured nature naturally wreaked vengeance.”
CAG has warned 3 years ago that the innumerable hydro electricity projects in the area are going to be the nemesis to the mankind. But the rulers looked the other way.

Such warnings came decades back but our the then government hired Russian experts who reported that there was no harm if we went ahead with Tehri Dam project. I simply shiver at the idea in case it bursts one day, taking almost whole north India under it. We shall be the worst sufferers.

I love this free image hosting site for sharing my work

https://o0.nz/

Such warnings came decades back but our the then government hired Russian experts who reported that there was no harm if we went ahead with Tehri Dam project. I simply shiver at the idea in case it bursts one day, taking almost whole north India under it. We shall be the worst sufferers.

Government hires those experts who parrot its views. That one day Tehri dam will prove disastrous is a truth. By the time people and the experts realize it. It will be too late.
Mother Nature has been patient and forgiving for too long and now she can't take any more!! That's is precisely her stern message. The unimaginable scale of destruction and death in the region is all what we reaping out our unsustainable developmental architecture. What do you think?

Today we are technologically so much more advanced and there have been several srudies conducted on the environment and the ecological balance that needs to be maintained, but one wondrs whether it has helped us? Human greed overtakes all knowledge and everything else, and only mother nature can teach us a lesson ! We will continue to have such tragedies as long as we go on abusing nature ...

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Thank you said by: anil

Today we are technologically so much more advanced and there have been several srudies conducted on the environment and the ecological balance that needs to be maintained, but one wondrs whether it has helped us? Human greed overtakes all knowledge and everything else, and only mother nature can teach us a lesson ! We will continue to have such tragedies as long as we go on abusing nature ...

The advancements and availability of equipment to study environment etc have not helped us at all, only because the studies and observations done by many environmentalists and their suggestions have been dismissed and disregarded for the last so many decades! Unless we take this calamity as the final wake up call and put a stop to so-called developmental activities, we cannot be saved!

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

No doubt, playing with nature plays havoc. In a way, protecting environment means that we go back to pre industrial revolution era, stop constructing dams and buildings. Perhaps, this is also not practicable as we are used to a different life style. There is need to maintain a balance between needs for protecting environment and forests/ wild life and development.

As regards CAG 's comments, I feel that this is outside his purview. He has no business to comment on policy matters. Basically, he is there to check that the expenditure is according to sanction by competent authority and rules framed by parliament and other competent authorities are not violated. Going beyond this is outside his authority.

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

No doubt, playing with nature plays havoc. In a way, protecting environment means that we go back to pre industrial revolution era, stop constructing dams and buildings. Perhaps, this is also not practicable as we are used to a different life style. There is need to maintain a balance between needs for protecting environment and forests/ wild life and development.

As regards CAG 's comments, I feel that this is outside his purview. He has no business to comment on policy matters. Basically, he is there to check that the expenditure is according to sanction by competent authority and rules framed by parliament and other competent authorities are not violated. Going beyond this is outside his authority.

Perhaps, owing to this reason (Cag's unnecessary intervention), government didn't pay heed to its report. I wonder how a body like CAG can violate its limits. And they are on the increase.

Perhaps, owing to this reason (Cag's unnecessary intervention), government didn't pay heed to its report. I wonder how a body like CAG can violate its limits. And they are on the increase.

The last C&AG Vinod Rai exceeded his limits. Comptroller & Auditor general is a statutory post. He is head of Indian Audit & Accounts Department. He is responsible to verify that revenue and expenditure are properly accounted for, expenditure is in accordance with sanction by competent authority. He cannot say what the policy should be. He is not policy maker. However he can suggest way to better financial planning which means how same results could be obtained with less expenses.

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

The advancements and availability of equipment to study environment etc have not helped us at all, only because the studies and observations done by many environmentalists and their suggestions have been dismissed and disregarded for the last so many decades! Unless we take this calamity as the final wake up call and put a stop to so-called developmental activities, we cannot be saved!

Somewhere things are very wrong with our country Kalyani, otherwise if other countries are able to manage pretty well , why not us? The major problem is the attitude of the people who dont think beyond themselves and our politicians come from the same breed of people...like people like leader !

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.