Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
We have been insensitive all these years to warnings of environmentalists and all those who believe in sustainable development but who cared! There are tragically some people who think their superior knowledge in any particular discipline - be it in economics or other is ultimate!!!! But Mother Nature would always have the last laugh or last cry!!!!!!
Thank you said by: Kalyani Nandurkar
We have been insensitive all these years to warnings of environmentalists and all those who believe in sustainable development but who cared! There are tragically some people who think their superior knowledge in any particular discipline - be it in economics or other is ultimate!!!! But Mother Nature would always have the last laugh or last cry!!!!!!

True.. All environmentalists who have spent their lives in researching such areas extensively and prepared lengthy reports on the threats that may present in future are mostly considered as fools and are usually as a rule, are dismissed and disregarded! THe thing is when talk of development, we only look at the kind of development that is seen in US and most of Europe, which sadly is not sustainable. Like all things, we try to ape in many ways disregarding some wise men in the process. Time we changed this attitude!

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

Thank you said by: chinmoymukherjee

True.. All environmentalists who have spent their lives in researching such areas extensively and prepared lengthy reports on the threats that may present in future are mostly considered as fools and are usually as a rule, are dismissed and disregarded! THe thing is when talk of development, we only look at the kind of development that is seen in US and most of Europe, which sadly is not sustainable. Like all things, we try to ape in many ways disregarding some wise men in the process. Time we changed this attitude!

I wonder what our ministers fo when they go on study tours to western countries? have the time of their life I guess ! There is so much to study and absorb esp the manner in which they take care of environment ! In Switzerland, even washing machines need a licence since hey cause damamge to the environment, they balance it out and in most aprtments they have just one on a floor in the common wash room and tenants are given one or two days in a week to use it !
By the way I went through your article Kalyani which was very apt and excellent...giving the link here..
http://www.boddunan.com/articles/miscellaneous/51-general-reference/22718-uttarakhand-the-dance-of-death.html

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Thank you said by: Kalyani Nandurkar

I wonder what our ministers fo when they go on study tours to western countries? have the time of their life I guess ! There is so much to study and absorb esp the manner in which they take care of environment ! In Switzerland, even washing machines need a licence since hey cause damamge to the environment, they balance it out and in most aprtments they have just one on a floor in the common wash room and tenants are given one or two days in a week to use it !
By the way I went through your article Kalyani which was very apt and excellent...giving the link here..
http://www.boddunan.com/articles/miscellaneous/51-general-reference/22718-uttarakhand-the-dance-of-death.html

On one side we boast of Vedas which preach us to treat trees as gods. :Vriksho Rahshita Rakshitaha'. And on the other side we will be annihilating trees. Hypocrisy thy name is India.
Thank you said by: chinmoymukherjee

Thank you very much Usha, glad you read it! :)

Yes, in many countries environment is an issue which is taken extremely seriously. We have a bad habit of aping other countries in all manners but possible except in matters that do matter! Where environment and development is concerned, most Nordic countries are the best example where they have embraced technology to the full extent but at the same time have done lots to ensure that environment is threatened in the least possible manner, that is sustainable development we need to be emulating!

Our ancestors have actually written loads and loads of documents on how to take care of our trees and which trees are good for preserving our climatic conditions, ensuring good rains etc. But we are blinded in eyes, minds and brains etc. to ignore them completely.

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

Thank you very much Usha, glad you read it! :)

Yes, in many countries environment is an issue which is taken extremely seriously. We have a bad habit of aping other countries in all manners but possible except in matters that do matter! Where environment and development is concerned, most Nordic countries are the best example where they have embraced technology to the full extent but at the same time have done lots to ensure that environment is threatened in the least possible manner, that is sustainable development we need to be emulating!

Our ancestors have actually written loads and loads of documents on how to take care of our trees and which trees are good for preserving our climatic conditions, ensuring good rains etc. But we are blinded in eyes, minds and brains etc. to ignore them completely.

@Kalyani

We have entered perhaps the most dangerous phase where we experience a kind of rootlessness. I expand it further by saying that we have been rejecting the body of knowledge passed on to us by our forefathers and at the same time the knowledge we flaunt based on Western education is imperfect and pretentiously shallow missing its heart!! So God save this country!! Now India belongs to realtors, builders and promoters!!!
Every time when such things happen we are told to take lesson from these but it barely happens. :evil:

This is sad we have been destroying nature for our lust. Forests are being depleted for our shelter which is the main reason of floods we know it but still we don't stop it. :evil:
Thank you said by: Gulshan Kumar Ajmani
You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.