The topic is locked.
These days people are using all kinds of gadgets for internet access. Gone are the days when desktop computers used to be the only instrument for the purpose. People access the net using tablet pcs, laptops and smart phones these days. However I still prefer a desktop computer for internet access and other applications. I think no other machine can beat desktop computers for the purpose. Desktops offer wider screens, fast internet access and a range of applications that you cannot use on other machines. Do you agree?

Regards
Mala Jaiswar

Mala Jaiswar
Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
These days people are using all kinds of gadgets for internet access. Gone are the days when desktop computers used to be the only instrument for the purpose. People access the net using tablet pcs, laptops and smart phones these days. However I still prefer a desktop computer for internet access and other applications. I think no other machine can beat desktop computers for the purpose. Desktops offer wider screens, fast internet access and a range of applications that you cannot use on other machines. Do you agree?

Regards
Mala Jaiswar

Desk top is the most ideal platform for me, as I handle digital paintings in Photoshop, which the other versions cannot handle, though I have a laptop and IPad.
I use a desktop computer too and I find it is much easy to handle than other options. Although it is true that other options do allow you to work when on the move, but my opinion is that it is better to do one thing at a time and therefore I prefer to work only when I am home from my desktop!

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

I am also prefer Desktop Computer. It is more comfortable to access than other gadgets
I use desk top computer at home and office. This is definitely more comfortable. Lap top and other gadgets are for the people on move.

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

I use desk top computer at home and office. This is definitely more comfortable. Lap top and other gadgets are for the people on move.

Laptop cannot be used for high end use purposes. Foe example illustrations for Publications cannot be created. They may display, but cannot be created.
I also use desktop and this is most preferable to me. But in outside I use tablet now.

www.mobileeduhut.blogspot.in
Desktop is good option though it has its own drawbacks like one has to make a permanent workstation because it cannot be used through a router besides people like us on the move all the time . I have a desktop for almost 15 years which is still in good working condition back at home. But I work on my laptop or netbook because I have nothing to do technical.

I love this free image hosting site for sharing my work

https://o0.nz/

Desktop is good option though it has its own drawbacks like one has to make a permanent workstation because it cannot be used through a router besides people like us on the move all the time . I have a desktop for almost 15 years which is still in good working condition back at home. But I work on my laptop or netbook because I have nothing to do technical.

Yes a gadget is chosen in tune with our individual needs.

Even if I want to do anything technical, I shall not be able to do on that old desktop having 4.68Gb disc, 32MB RAM and so many other facilities not available. That is kind of showpiece now. I use it to play chess or other games sometimes.

I love this free image hosting site for sharing my work

https://o0.nz/

Even if I want to do anything technical, I shall not be able to do on that old desktop having 4.68Gb disc, 32MB RAM and so many other facilities not available. That is kind of showpiece now. I use it to play chess or other games sometimes.

Keep it carefully. After a few years, it may fetch you a good amount for its 'antique' value. Jokes apart, you can upgrade it.
You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.