In India it is a common practice to select your husband/wife based on his or her caste. Many people even select their friends based on his/her caste. I find this practice offensive as all are human beings. I think in the internet age of today, people should totally abolish such primitive thinking. People should select life partners/friends based on nature, manners, education levels and compatibility. Do you select your life partner and friends based on caste/religion?

Regards
Mala Jaiswar

Mala Jaiswar
Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
In India it is a common practice to select your husband/wife based on his or her caste. Many people even select their friends based on his/her caste. I find this practice offensive as all are human beings. I think in the internet age of today, people should totally abolish such primitive thinking. Do you select your life partner and friends based on caste/religion?

Regards
Mala Jaiswar

I am married so no chance for me to select life partner. But I never like select friends based on cast.
Caste and region only help you understand your friends better than people from other castes and religions. Life partner in most cases in our country is selected by parents whose circle is limited to their caste and religion etc. Now the scenario is changing to a great extent and most youth are not much concerned about these things but such practices are limited to metros and B class cities as in smaller places such cases may take an ugly shape.

I love this free image hosting site for sharing my work

https://o0.nz/

For the last three generations in my family there are inter caste marriages fixed and approved by family elders in tune with the youngsters' wishes.
In India it is a common practice to select your husband/wife based on his or her caste. Many people even select their friends based on his/her caste. I find this practice offensive as all are human beings. I think in the internet age of today, people should totally abolish such primitive thinking. Do you select your life partner and friends based on caste/religion?

Regards
Mala Jaiswar

I am married so no chance for me to select life partner. But I never like select friends based on cast.

I live in a society where these things have no meaning. No one knows whom he is talking to. Castes and religions matter very litte here.

Regards
Mala Jaiswar

I live in a society where these things have no meaning. No one knows whom he is talking to. Castes and religions matter very litte here.

Western society is not entirely free from religious sentiments. There are still conservatives. May be less, but they are very much there.
It is better to have a spouse who is compatible to you in matters like food, way of dress, thoughts etc. In most cases, same language, caste, religion will suit as in our society marriage creates multiple relations in the bigger joint family circle. Friends are personal and so any one you are at ease with may be friend irrespective of caste and religion. But usually friendship is also more stable within same income and status as well as hobbies, tastes. .

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

It is better to have a spouse who is compatible to you in matters like food, way of dress, thoughts etc. In most cases, same language, caste, religion will suit as in our society marriage creates multiple relations in the bigger joint family circle. Friends are personal and so any one you are at ease with may be friend irrespective of caste and religion. But usually friendship is also more stable within same income and status as well as hobbies, tastes. .

I'm of the opinion that compatibility should be the only criteria in selecting the life partner. All other things can be ignored.
This is our tradition to select from same cast and this has a logic also. Now the tradition abolished and culture and the living standard helped to do so.

www.mobileeduhut.blogspot.in

Regards
Mala Jaiswar

Western society is not entirely free from religious sentiments. There are still conservatives. May be less, but they are very much there.

I live in a country having population of 19 million consisting aboriginals, Europeans, Chinese, Koreans, Filipinos, Arabians, Lebanese, Africans and people from different other countries. No one cares for religion and caste etc here. Population density in India is 364 sq/km while it is less than 3 here, a difference of almost 120 times. Everyone wants to talk to everyone without feeling much about caste and other matters.

Regards
Mala Jaiswar

I live in a country having population of 19 million consisting aboriginals, Europeans, Chinese, Koreans, Filipinos, Arabians, Lebanese, Africans and people from different other countries. No one cares for religion and caste etc here. Population density in India is 364 sq/km while it is less than 3 here, a difference of almost 120 times. Everyone wants to talk to everyone without feeling much about caste and other matters.

Think of other countries. In European countries some sects even today are very particular about religion, sects and sub- sects.
You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.