Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
There are some Android apps in Google Play where one can learn foreign language. These apps are free to use and highly interactive.

http://mohanmekap.com/

Thank you said by: suni51
It's good to learn a language only if you think that it could help you in your career because if you do not practice a language , it is most likely that you will forget what you learnt .

I learned Russian language to read Russian literature in original especially biographies.

I tried to learn it when I was in Moscow for a short term course but had to come back in early 90s due to very bad economical issues there. I managed to return with great efforts as it was impossible to survive there. Ruble was like a piece of paper and not even worth its value it was printed on.

Rourkela steel plant, where I worked as a metallurgical observer was built in collaboration with Russians. They helped me a lot in getting books and teaching conversational Russian. And after that I developed on my own syllable by syllable.
Learning foreign language is more useful to us. It makes more smarter and confident to us.
It improves our communication.It is more useful while travelling and know different people and regoin.

Be positive
Learning foreign language is more useful to us. It makes more smarter and confident to us.
It improves our communication.It is more useful while travelling and know different people and regoin.

I agree but only when you use the language for a purpose otherwise you will forget it very soon if not in regular use. Like I have forgotten some of the languages I learned while I stayed in those areas.

I love this free image hosting site for sharing my work

https://o0.nz/

I agree but only when you use the language for a purpose otherwise you will forget it very soon if not in regular use. Like I have forgotten some of the languages I learned while I stayed in those areas.

I have a penchant for reading literary works of the authors’ unabridged and original works. Especially Russian works of Tolstoy and Dostoevsky. This was the purpose why I learned Russian. Conversation was never my priority.

I have a penchant for reading literary works of the authors’ unabridged and original works. Especially Russian works of Tolstoy and Dostoevsky. This was the purpose why I learned Russian. Conversation was never my priority.

It is good to have a working knowledge of any language. I feel that every state should make sure that the state language is learnt by those who live there like it is done in almost all European countries ...(like learning Marathi or Telugu or kannada !) It also makes sure that people get to learn more languages..

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Thank you said by: Kalyani Nandurkar

It is good to have a working knowledge of any language. I feel that every state should make sure that the state language is learnt by those who live there like it is done in almost all European countries ...(like learning Marathi or Telugu or kannada !) It also makes sure that people get to learn more languages..

When some one permanently or for a very long period resides in a state, he will learn the language spoken there without any efforts by state. For people going to a state for short period, English and Hindi suffice. too much emphasis on learning languages is harmful as this will hinder performance in the main occupation of an individual. For example, an engineer should give more attention to his own job rather than learning numerous languages.

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

Thank you said by: suni51

When some one permanently or for a very long period resides in a state, he will learn the language spoken there without any efforts by state. For people going to a state for short period, English and Hindi suffice. too much emphasis on learning languages is harmful as this will hinder performance in the main occupation of an individual. For example, an engineer should give more attention to his own job rather than learning numerous languages.

True, one learns a language for self interest when he stays in a particular state for long enough, Learning workable knowledge for shorter stays also gives advantage in certain cases especially in rural areas.

I love this free image hosting site for sharing my work

https://o0.nz/

Not necessarily ! I know of may people from the neighboring states living in Banglore for 2 or 3 generations still unwilling and unable tp speak kannada.....Of course the wish to do so should come from the individulvals themselves...

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Thank you said by: Gulshan Kumar Ajmani

Not necessarily ! I know of may people from the neighboring states living in Banglore for 2 or 3 generations still unwilling and unable tp speak kannada.....Of course the wish to do so should come from the individulvals themselves...

The older people from other states may not learn but children learn the local language. My niece lived in Bangalore and studied there in primary and secondary classes. she can well speak in kannada though her parents can't.

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.