The topic is locked.
One of my cousins passed out from college last year, but despite efforts she has failed to get a job in her field. She doesn't want to opt for higher studies right now and is ready to take on a decent job in any field. Should she not opt for higher studies instead, how can a job outside her field be of any help to her besides some financial stability? What would you suggest ?

Live in the present :)
Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
One of my cousins passed out from college last year, but despite efforts she has failed to get a job in her field. She doesn't want to opt for higher studies right now and is ready to take on a decent job in any field. Should she not opt for higher studies instead, how can a job outside her field be of any help to her besides some financial stability? What would you suggest ?

I guess she must be very young and ambitious and doesn't face any financial emergency. In such a scenario I would like her opting for higher studies. Here I would add one more point which is the emergence of need for multi-disciplinary knowledge and skills at work places and if any prospective job comes her way to enable her picking up knowledge and skills outside her domain of studies, she should seriously consider taking it up.

You didn't write here field of your cousins. It is my suggestion to try for job of her field. But for time being noting is wrong if she accept job outside her field.

It depends on her field of study, if she has a professional degree in any field, careers are open in different other fields as well. For instance an engineer, and most cases of female unemployment surface in engineering field (especially in non IT or Non-computer) but there are hundreds of big MNC who are willing to hire them after providing training. Keeping an eye on Wednesday, TOI or HT will make her job easy. Meanwhile she can register in LinkedIn and see probabilities. Alternately she can look in other fields like communication, electronic media, insurance sector with short term courses and banks etc as direct officer.

I love this free image hosting site for sharing my work

https://o0.nz/

I give top priority to financial stability. No worries regarding her dream job.irrespective of her liking,she should grab the first job that comes on her way. While on this,over a period she may get a job in her niche field. Or with the financial stability, she can go for higher education through distance education.
Even if the job is not exactly as would be appropriate to her qualification, this should be some way related to her talent. For example mechanical engineering is not same as automobile engineering but these are some way akin.

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

Thank you so much for your suggestions. I suggested her to be more active on sites like LinkedIn. Moreover because she doesn't want to continue in her field, even if she opts for higher studies so I advised her to take up anything she considers will give her ample opportunities for learning and growth. I hope I am guiding her the correct path, though I am myself not sure.

He should try to attend more and more interview by applying monsterindia and naukri.com site. If he not able to get job then he can select IT field and do some ERP professional certification like microsoft ERP. It could help him to get job easily.

Santosh Kumar Singh

http://experienceofknowledge.blogspot.com/

Even if the job is not exactly as would be appropriate to her qualification, this should be some way related to her talent. For example mechanical engineering is not same as automobile engineering but these are some way akin.

Engineers are good administrator too. If she have degree in engineering she can join any job as management trainee.
I am going to do rather opposite than what i am going to suggest. I would like to suggest her to take any job.She should work for 2 to 3 years and then go for higher studies. At this moment she should not think much about salary.
Why i am suggesting this is because, if you are having a good experience in industry or market, then the value rises and gives you a good chance to go in good institute an from there to a good field.

Want to make each day Accountable

Thank you so much for your valuable suggestions. These were of good help, now locking the thread.

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.