Overweight youngsters in the city are increasingly falling victim to diabetes, high blood pressure and cholesterol. Earlier identified as a prime risk factor for lifestyle disorders, excess weight or obesity is now increasingly associated as a direct cause of several life-threatening ailments, including sleep apnea and stroke.

http://www.dnaindia.com/health/1876052/report-weight-a-minute-youth-complaining-of-bp-diabetes-blame-the-lifestyle

Swetha Shenoy
Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
Sitting long hours before TV and playing computer games only can lead only to such physical problems.

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

True Swetha, long hours working on computers, then spending a few leisure hours before TV or playing games, not spending healthy time in open fresh air or exercising is the cause of these diseases at a young age!

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

Thank you said by: Gulshan Kumar Ajmani
Overweight youngsters in the city are increasingly falling victim to diabetes, high blood pressure and cholesterol. Earlier identified as a prime risk factor for lifestyle disorders, excess weight or obesity is now increasingly associated as a direct cause of several life-threatening ailments, including sleep apnea and stroke.

http://www.dnaindia.com/health/1876052/report-weight-a-minute-youth-complaining-of-bp-diabetes-blame-the-lifestyle

Very true, you see most youngsters with these life style diseases these days...They have no time to exercise or fdo not make the time for it and also are not careful about their diet which ultimately tells on their health...

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Thank you said by: Gulshan Kumar Ajmani
At the least those who are in the ages between 20 to 40 did get out during their childhoods and played a lot in open, fresh air. But I am now more worried about the toddlers and school going children who are not getting even the simplest fun of playing outdoors for even an hour daily. :blink: Either they are being ferried by their so-called Supermoms from one class to another or they end before TV locked up in homes because their parents are working! I wonder at what age these children fall prey to such diseases! :blink:

Well, I suffer from morbid obesity but i have not yet found any symptoms of BP or diabetes in me

I make sure i get ample exercise every day. I climb 90 steps to my cabin and 60 steps to my home and i make sure during office hours, i walk the steps atleast thrice

Moreover i drink lots of water which makes me active and not lethargic

I agree with Kalyani,,, with the advent of affordable mobiles, kids and toddlers are not interested to play outside but inside with their gadgets!

Swetha Shenoy
Thank you said by: Kalyani Nandurkar
True Swetha, it is not the weight that counts, some people like you probably have natural tendency to put on weight. But the key is to have maximum physical workouts as possible, which may be in the form of exercises, sports, walking or even humble household chores. But one should keep moving around!

Life style is the deciding factor that paves way to your good health or bad health. Junk food is the main culprit that is responsible all sorts of ailments.
Well, I suffer from morbid obesity but i have not yet found any symptoms of BP or diabetes in me

I make sure i get ample exercise every day. I climb 90 steps to my cabin and 60 steps to my home and i make sure during office hours, i walk the steps atleast thrice

I agree with Kalyani,,, with the advent of affordable mobiles, kids and toddlers are not interested to play outside but inside with their gadgets!

90 steps and 60 steps way back! I haven't taken a single step in this direction!!! :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo:

person can digest every thing with hard physical work. But at present youth forgot what is pyhsical work. In future they will face more health problems.

90 steps and 60 steps way back! I haven't taken a single step in this direction!!! :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo:

kYA Chinmoyji just pulling my leg all the time ..eh!!!!

Swetha Shenoy
You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.