The topic is locked.
Is it necessary to set a minimum qualification of our politicians to qualify for elections? It can be different for different seats for different elections.
We can set high school for local bodies and for state and national elections a degree in any subject. Do we have enough degree holders in our parliament and state assemblies? Any idea of education of your local MP or MLA?

I love this free image hosting site for sharing my work

https://o0.nz/

Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
I know the qualification of the MLA from our area. And yes, there should be some limit definitely. But it depends on a whole lot of things as you have mentioned in your strat-up thread.
Thank you said by: suni51
Is it necessary to set a minimum qualification of our politicians to qualify for elections? It can be different for different seats for different elections.
We can set high school for local bodies and for state and national elections a degree in any subject. Do we have enough degree holders in our parliament and state assemblies? Any idea of education of your local MP or MLA?

More than anything the aspiring politicians need to sevelop a love for their country ! Once certain qualifications are made compulsory, the money power and criminalisation may come down...
1, Absolutely no criminal record of any sort
2, Should serve at least two years in the armed forces as a voluntary worker.
3, Should have a basic education of degree...we have some MLAs in our state who are unable to read and write !
4, Should declare all his wealth and show records as to how it was obtained - this should be done every year !

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Thank you said by: suni51

More than anything the aspiring politicians need to sevelop a love for their country ! Once certain qualifications are made compulsory, the money power and criminalisation may come down...
3, Should have a basic education of degree...we have some MLAs in our state who are unable to read and write !
4, Should declare all his wealth and show records as to how it was obtained - this should be done every year !

The points you mentioned are pretty sweet. But that will only add to corruption. People will be able to proccure false certificate of having worked in the army. As far as wealth is concerned, these people are shrewd. They won't have anything directly in their name and yet dictate terms when it comes to their own finance. I am sure you will agree with this.
I don't think educational qualification is a major criteria for politicains. They sohould have the servicing attitutde. Now-a-dyas, well educated politicians only involve in corruptions in thousands/lakhs of crores.

Born to express, not to impress.
http://royalrobsideas.blogspot.in/
The MP and MLA from my constituency have good academic record. The MP is in fact a professor in university. The education qualification of MPs and MLAs are better than before. These days there would be hardly and politician at national or state level without a degree. Prescribing qualification is not really necessary. what is already prescribed in constitution is fair enough. Moreover the political parties consider this also while nominating candidates for election.

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

Thank you said by: RobertP, suni51
The MP and MLA from my constituency have good academic record. The MP is in fact a professor in university. The education qualification of MPs and MLAs are better than before. These days there would be hardly and politician at national or state level without a degree. Prescribing qualification is not really necessary. what is already prescribed in constitution is fair enough. Moreover the political parties consider this also while nominating candidates for election.

If what I have heard is right, then the two youngsters Jotiraditya Scindhia and Sachin Pilot are also well educated. The same I have heard about Akhilesh Yadav too.

If what I have heard is right, then the two youngsters Jotiraditya Scindhia and Sachin Pilot are also well educated. The same I have heard about Akhilesh Yadav too.

Correct. Akhjilesh Yadav studied in Australia. Scindia and Pilot are well educated.

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

Correct. Akhjilesh Yadav studied in Australia. Scindia and Pilot are well educated.

Thanks for adding to my info. I didn't know that Akhilesh Yadav had studied Down Under. I was under the impression that he was a student of any UK university.

The points you mentioned are pretty sweet. But that will only add to corruption. People will be able to proccure false certificate of having worked in the army. As far as wealth is concerned, these people are shrewd. They won't have anything directly in their name and yet dictate terms when it comes to their own finance. I am sure you will agree with this.

Many MPs and MLAs have furnished falls degrees and certificates. Some of them have submitted falls documents about their income and property also. Every documents need to be checked by concerned authorities.

I love this free image hosting site for sharing my work

https://o0.nz/

Many MPs and MLAs have furnished falls degrees and certificates. Some of them have submitted falls documents about their income and property also. Every documents need to be checked by concerned authorities.

Any false documents needs to be verified and that is not difficult since it is done right at the beginning when they decide to join politics and are ordinary citizens at that point of time...If implemented and carried forth at least we can hope to have some decent people in politics...Having educational degrees doesnt really help since they also need to have other qualifications..

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.