The topic is locked.
Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
Is it necessary to set a minimum qualification of our politicians to qualify for elections? It can be different for different seats for different elections.
We can set high school for local bodies and for state and national elections a degree in any subject. Do we have enough degree holders in our parliament and state assemblies? Any idea of education of your local MP or MLA?

Former of Chief Minister of Tmailnadu, Mr. Kamaraj played a vital role inspiteof being illliterate. He introduced the Free noon meal scheme in all the schools because he knew the importance of education.

Free meals may sound free but these cost a lot to everyone including the ones who are beneficiary of those freebies. If they had spent that amount for infrastructure honestly, that would have changed the fate of this country. Free meals, laptops, sarees are nothing but kind of bribes and ensuring future voters.

I agree with you absolutely. All freebie schemes should be stopped. 30 years back, free noon meal sheme made lakhs of people educated. But now it needs to be reconsidered.

Born to express, not to impress.
http://royalrobsideas.blogspot.in/
Is it necessary to set a minimum qualification of our politicians to qualify for elections? It can be different for different seats for different elections.
We can set high school for local bodies and for state and national elections a degree in any subject. Do we have enough degree holders in our parliament and state assemblies? Any idea of education of your local MP or MLA?

Former of Chief Minister of Tmailnadu, Mr. Kamaraj played a vital role inspiteof being illliterate. He introduced the Free noon meal scheme in all the schools because he knew the importance of education.

Free meals may sound free but these cost a lot to everyone including the ones who are beneficiary of those freebies. If they had spent that amount for infrastructure honestly, that would have changed the fate of this country. Free meals, laptops, sarees are nothing but kind of bribes and ensuring future voters.

I agree with you absolutely. All freebie schemes should be stopped. 30 years back, free noon meal sheme made lakhs of people educated. But now it needs to be reconsidered.

They could have opened more schools when it mattered most to provide chance to have more children educated. The cut throat competition at primary level for admission is bad imagination of illiterate politicians. Children need schools to study, they can manage with their meals.

I love this free image hosting site for sharing my work

https://o0.nz/

I think minimum qualification should be graduate on regular basis, a retirement age should be there, as per constitution an entry age of 25 for qualification of MPs so retirement age for politicians as well as lawyers.

I too feel that there should be a retirement age for politicians from active politics or atleast holding high level posts in politics like it is anywhere else...We can see what is happening when we have a 80+ Pm who is probably gone senile and is being used like a puppet..

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

I think minimum qualification should be graduate on regular basis, a retirement age should be there, as per constitution an entry age of 25 for qualification of MPs so retirement age for politicians as well as lawyers.

I too feel that there should be a retirement age for politicians from active politics or atleast holding high level posts in politics like it is anywhere else...We can see what is happening when we have a 80+ Pm who is probably gone senile and is being used like a puppet..

It would be better if politicians have reitrement age. Atleast they should get retired by 70years. Prime Minister who is more than 70 years can not work efficiently. Theperson above 70 is not the efficient person to lead the nation.

Born to express, not to impress.
http://royalrobsideas.blogspot.in/
There need not be very hard and fast rules for retirement of politicians. Many enter politics after retirement from govt. job. Good health and activeness is more important than chronological age. As a rule, every one should retire voluntarily at 75 years.

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

Thank you said by: suni51

But that can happen to a 40 years old as well, just in case. And you know what I mean so age is not that important as long he is good to deal with situations. :laugh:

Thank you said by: Gulshan Kumar Ajmani

But that can happen to a 40 years old as well, just in case. And you know what I mean so age is not that important as long he is good to deal with situations. :laugh:
Age does not matter even a person in his thirties is far more incapable than a person in sixties, but the question here is , service holders retire after certain age, they why cannot lawyers and politicians?

http://mohanmekap.com/

Age does not matter even a person in his thirties is far more incapable than a person in sixties, but the question here is , service holders retire after certain age, they why cannot lawyers and politicians?

Lawyers are professional being engaged on merit basis, politicians are also the same, they make efforts to reach on their self powers, be it money, fire power or, public support. Employees work under a predefined service condition therefore retire as per their terms demand them to. There is no upper age limit for self employed yet . same is applicable for shop keepers and other businessmen. They only retire voluntarily.

Thank you said by: Gulshan Kumar Ajmani
When an individual in the normal course of events reaches the highest cadre , being the central ministry and also a probable PM he or she would have gone through a lot of hard work and come face to face with people and their problems, which has not been the case with our now PM , who looks and behaves as if he is in a trance most of the time...Similarly the one the congress party is trying to thrust on the nation is anything but committed except carrying the family name on his forehead.So age here really doesnt play any part ! What is needed is a rounded personality with age and experience and more than anythig a clean record...

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

When an individual in the normal course of events reaches the highest cadre , being the central ministry and also a probable PM he or she would have gone through a lot of hard work and come face to face with people and their problems, which has not been the case with our now PM , who looks and behaves as if he is in a trance most of the time...Similarly the one the congress party is trying to thrust on the nation is anything but committed except carrying the family name on his forehead.So age here really doesnt play any part ! What is needed is a rounded personality with age and experience and more than anythig a clean record...

The P.M. has undoubtedly a very long record of government service at top level and also handling finance portfolio in union cabinet and later as Prime minister. The performance of government is collective responsibility of ruling party leadership and union cabinet. We are in habit of talking about individuals only- Sonia Gandhi, Manbmohan Singh, Rahul Gandhi, Modi, Advani and so on. Nobody bothers about responsibility of organization. Many may like Congress under Rahul and not somebody else. Same is in BJP where not the organization and collective responsibility but one man- Modi or Advani or who else- is the issue.

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

Thank you said by: anil
You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.