Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
This by itself may not mean to anything much but when it is clubbed with other measures like stopping the criminals from contesting it will definitely help in cleaning up the political system...

True...to an extent but we still cannot forget that even with the electronic systems, booth capturing still happens in UP, Bihar and many other places and in such events, people may be forcibly denied from using this option. It can not necessarily happen but is still an eventuality in states where guns get the votes!

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

This by itself may not mean to anything much but when it is clubbed with other measures like stopping the criminals from contesting it will definitely help in cleaning up the political system...

True...to an extent but we still cannot forget that even with the electronic systems, booth capturing still happens in UP, Bihar and many other places and in such events, people may be forcibly denied from using this option. It can not necessarily happen but is still an eventuality in states where guns get the votes!

Kalyani, I feel that if the criminal ordinance bill is modified and the criminals debarred from contesting, such behavior too may come down at least to some extent ! But one cannot stop criminals ruling the roost by proxy, latching on to a friend or a family member and getting them elected ..

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Thank you said by: Kalyani Nandurkar
Today I read in local news paper that Supreme Court order election commission to insert button in voting machine with No One option, so if any voter don't like any candidates can click this button. Is it right? :)

Negative voting would perhaps lead to much needed change in polls and political parties will be forced to bring clean people. It could be a good move for Indian politics. It will give public a tool to teach political parties to learn how to treat Indian voters.

Yes it is good and positive moves in Indian politics. Thanks Supreme court. Now we have option to reject all, we are not help less.

But this is nothing to rejoice about as it will not solve our problem. You at the most can reject all but that will not stop a bad one from being selected. Your vote is your personal choice which will put only you out of circulation. This is not the whole remedy of the illness.

Getting out of circulation!. nice comment. The voter rejecting all is good voter who according to Gresham law will be driven out of circulation by bad voters.! Thus voters are like currency- bad driving good out of circulation. :laugh:

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

Thank you said by: suni51
Today I read in local news paper that Supreme Court order election commission to insert button in voting machine with No One option, so if any voter don't like any candidates can click this button. Is it right? :)

Negative voting would perhaps lead to much needed change in polls and political parties will be forced to bring clean people. It could be a good move for Indian politics. It will give public a tool to teach political parties to learn how to treat Indian voters.

Yes it is good and positive moves in Indian politics. Thanks Supreme court. Now we have option to reject all, we are not help less.

But this is nothing to rejoice about as it will not solve our problem. You at the most can reject all but that will not stop a bad one from being selected. Your vote is your personal choice which will put only you out of circulation. This is not the whole remedy of the illness.

Getting out of circulation!. nice comment. The voter rejecting all is good voter who according to Gresham law will be driven out of circulation by bad voters.! Thus voters are like currency- bad driving good out of circulation. :laugh:

What else, if your 'no' does not send him out of contest, it is 'you' who will be discounted.

I love this free image hosting site for sharing my work

https://o0.nz/

What else, if your 'no' does not send him out of contest, it is 'you' who will be discounted.

After seeing all the opinions of our esteemed members, I came to the conclusion that there can be never be a perfect solution to this malady. Bu nature we are unfit for democracy. What years ago Sardar Patel said about this country still holds good. Invite some super power and handover the country. Slavery is the only word we can understand.
This country is doing on Ram ji ke Bharose. Politicians tried their best to finish it.
I have a different opinion, I think this move is good, it is in a way voters exercise their unwillingness among the choice of candidates, and now they will field good candidate other wise people can reject them.

http://mohanmekap.com/

Kalyani, I feel that if the criminal ordinance bill is modified and the criminals debarred from contesting, such behavior too may come down at least to some extent ! But one cannot stop criminals ruling the roost by proxy, latching on to a friend or a family member and getting them elected ..

Usha, yes I also feel that the criminal ordinance bill might bring about some positive improvements and is definitely good for cleaning up the system at least partially. But then as we have seen in so many instances that in spite of concrete evidences many criminals never get convicted due to some or the other reason and in that case, such criminals are very much likely to get the tickets to contest elections. And yet, these really are the signs of positive changes and we must not lose heart!

Usha, yes I also feel that the criminal ordinance bill might bring about some positive improvements and is definitely good for cleaning up the system at least partially. But then as we have seen in so many instances that in spite of concrete evidences many criminals never get convicted due to some or the other reason and in that case, such criminals are very much likely to get the tickets to contest elections. And yet, these really are the signs of positive changes and we must not lose heart!

We must not lose heart because there is always silver lining. All that we need is conscious voters. There must always be good candidate to vote. It is for voter to reject the corrupt and criminal howsoever well known and influential he is and support the honest and clean even if he is relatively lesser known and has a low profile.

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

Thank you said by: Kalyani Nandurkar

We must not lose heart because there is always silver lining. All that we need is conscious voters. There must always be good candidate to vote. It is for voter to reject the corrupt and criminal howsoever well known and influential he is and support the honest and clean even if he is relatively lesser known and has a low profile.

Yes, so long as educated and cultured people vote consciously then we can improve things to a great extent. But consciousness to vote dutifully is severely lacking in the current educated and nouveau-rich classes nowadays who consider election days to be vacation days and would rather go enjoy picnic somewhere rather than patiently wait in lines for voting.

Thank you said by: Gulshan Kumar Ajmani
You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.