Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
Namaste all. I joined over a year ago but was not active. I hope to be active from now on and see a lot of experienced good users here who attract people like us with their useful discussions.

Welcome back Deepa...Once you get active browsing here becomes a habit ....thats the only way you get the maximum mutual benefit out of a site ...hope to see you around :)
Here, the discussions are witty and many varied topics on discussion can be found here with varied thoughts and discussed with gentleman's tone.

It is only when you have the freedom to express and exchange ideas that a forum can be called as being interactive...Most topic starters feel that everyone should agree with their topic and any one disagreeing with their view is not looked upon favorably which defeats the whole purpose of a discussion on a forum,one should be open to all opinions from members...

I feel that there should be free and fair discussion on each topic. But it is not necessary that there is always agreement among members. It is enough that you express yourself and leave the rest to readers. Also when a member has given all his arguments, there is no need to repeat these till he wins. There is no winning or losing nor is it necessary to take every discussion to finality. The normal forum discussion differ from 'Group discussion' and 'debate' where one works hard to prove his point.

And the most irritating part is when a member takes a sudden U Turn. When someone posts after every post according to the previous poster which does not match his own previous post, that does not make any sense. A member should keep his views either right or left.

Views will be changing as new things emerge out from another knowledgeable member . And they are bound to. It's a discussion forum. Not a debate. I may be enlightened by some member. Or I may enlighten some member. In this process views are bound to change.

I am not talking in 'I' or 'you' terms, it was a general opinion which you should not take personally. You are free to change your views any number of times as you like. That was my view, this is your view.

I love this free image hosting site for sharing my work

https://o0.nz/

Namaste all. I joined over a year ago but was not active. I hope to be active from now on and see a lot of experienced good users here who attract people like us with their useful discussions.

Welcome back Deepa...Once you get active browsing here becomes a habit ....thats the only way you get the maximum mutual benefit out of a site ...hope to see you around :)
Here, the discussions are witty and many varied topics on discussion can be found here with varied thoughts and discussed with gentleman's tone.

It is only when you have the freedom to express and exchange ideas that a forum can be called as being interactive...Most topic starters feel that everyone should agree with their topic and any one disagreeing with their view is not looked upon favorably which defeats the whole purpose of a discussion on a forum,one should be open to all opinions from members...

I feel that there should be free and fair discussion on each topic. But it is not necessary that there is always agreement among members. It is enough that you express yourself and leave the rest to readers. Also when a member has given all his arguments, there is no need to repeat these till he wins. There is no winning or losing nor is it necessary to take every discussion to finality. The normal forum discussion differ from 'Group discussion' and 'debate' where one works hard to prove his point.

And the most irritating part is when a member takes a sudden U Turn. When someone posts after every post according to the previous poster which does not match his own previous post, that does not make any sense. A member should keep his views either right or left.

Views will be changing as new things emerge out from another knowledgeable member . And they are bound to. It's a discussion forum. Not a debate. I may be enlightened by some member. Or I may enlighten some member. In this process views are bound to change.

I am not talking in 'I' or 'you' terms, it was a general opinion which you should not take personally. You are free to change your views any number of times as you like. That was my view, this is your view.

What made you to think that I took it personally ? For the sake of narration and making the thread clear I used "I".

What made you to think that I took it personally ? For the sake of narration and making the thread clear I used "I".

Same here, even I use 'I' and 'You' for making my points clear. It was not for you, but in general.

Same here, even I use 'I' and 'You' for making my points clear. It was not for you, but in general.

I know munna that these are your general observations. As a moderator I uphold your views.

I know munna that these are your general observations. As a moderator I uphold your views.

No, that was not as a moderator but a common member. I am never in favor of asserting my views in Moderator's capacity. Neither do I think that gives me any right to direct a senior member who knows things better than myself.

No, that was not as a moderator but a common member. I am never in favor of asserting my views in Moderator's capacity. Neither do I think that gives me any right to direct a senior member who knows things better than myself.

In both the roles your observations are right. And many of the members realized this.
I open a forum topic which every I see first. I post my reply and then go for the next topic. I have interest in all types of discussions and topics. I try to reply all the topics. This is amazing. I read others and others read mine posts. I browse all categories. Sometimes I get less time to go thorough all the topics, I need to work selectively. This is fun.
I open a forum topic which every I see first. I post my reply and then go for the next topic. I have interest in all types of discussions and topics. I try to reply all the topics. This is amazing. I read others and others read mine posts. I browse all categories. Sometimes I get less time to go thorough all the topics, I need to work selectively. This is fun.
It is a sort of mixture of forum and GD going on here and one can find a sort of "Samudra Manthan" here and course to find out "Amrit" within discussion.

http://mohanmekap.com/

It is a sort of mixture of forum and GD going on here and one can find a sort of "Samudra Manthan" here and course to find out "Amrit" within discussion.

A discussion becomes interesting when the inputs from the members are relevant and value added. Otherwise Manthan will yield "Halahal " (Poison) instead of Amrit.

A discussion becomes interesting when the inputs from the members are relevant and value added. Otherwise Manthan will yield "Halahal " (Poison) instead of Amrit.

If Amrit is sachrine sweet sometimes it becomes repulsive since everyone is agreeing and saying nice things ONLY, so Haalahal will add a bit of spice to the discussion at times... :blink:

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.