Wondering if you all use any tool to check your articles for duplicate content before submitting them for review and publication. If you do so, what do you use? If you don't, then how do you authenticate that your content is unique.

Just thought this topic would be worth discussing here!

Regards!
Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
Really this is editor's problem. Author knows whether his article is copied or his own. Editors have some way to check this.

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

Wondering if you all use any tool to check your articles for duplicate content before submitting them for review and publication. If you do so, what do you use? If you don't, then how do you authenticate that your content is unique.

Regards!

Only one person can say assertively whether the content is his work or plagiarised. Thats the author himself. Besides this there are many tools which can scent if the write up is plagiarised or not. Anyhow i dont use any tools for this purpose.
I am concerned about a situation, where one writes on his or her own words on a topic/title. However, when you are done with your writing, it is likely that no matter how well you have written, some portion of your content might be the same as is mentioned in some remote URL which you have not even used as a resource to your articles. So, how do you deal with that?

Regards!
I use my own writing pattern and style which will be different from others. A few words may be the same as another article, but not the entire verbatim paragraph after paragraph .
I am concerned about a situation, where one writes on his or her own words on a topic/title. However, when you are done with your writing, it is likely that no matter how well you have written, some portion of your content might be the same as is mentioned in some remote URL which you have not even used as a resource to your articles. So, how do you deal with that?

Regards!

Exact similarity of ideas in same word and same sequence is very unlikely. But there will always be some resemblance as there are many articles on same topic. Also you need to collect your source data from various sources including internet before writing your own original. Facts could be identical with other articles but you must write in your own words with some unique contribution.

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

Regards!

If the article is written by you in your own words then there is no need for any check since you have not copied it ...Taking ideas and developing is someting else whereas copying an article is what is to be avoided....

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Thank you said by: mohan manohar

Regards!

Any content has those 26 characters which the English Alphabet has but it is not possible two different people write the same paragraph that another one has already written before. Exact similarities at most be limited to a sentence or two in a whole article. And the one who writes it knows the best, that leaves no necessity to use plagiarism checker for writers but of course sites and publishers have the means to do so.

I love this free image hosting site for sharing my work

https://o0.nz/

Regards!

If the article is written by you in your own words then there is no need for any check since you have not copied it ...Taking ideas and developing is someting else whereas copying an article is what is to be avoided....
Every individual is unique so as their writing style, that is what differentiate one from the other.

http://mohanmekap.com/

Thank you said by: usha manohar

Regards!

There might be resemblance in some articles but the way each person writes is different from another. Also, a person who writes genuinely and from his own knowledge and experience will certainly have an edge to his article that will not be seen in a person who copies an article. This difference cannot be really explained but when an editor reviews an article, she or he can make out this difference! Not sure about others, I can definitely do that!

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

Thank you said by: usha manohar
I agree with all the friends who replied here. I would like to add one more thing along with this. Suppose we have a topic in our mind. It is basically uncommon and not being written by all in article's column, the writing becomes genuine. I have seen many people writing articles with new idea, something different which is not their. That becomes true copy right of the writer. Try this. You will score good points and credit.
You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.