I was going through some of the published articles here and wondered what sites do you refer to pick an image from. I understand we should use images that are copyright free and that do not have any legal ramifications. As long as you are using your own captured images, it is fine. But, if you need an image from any external source, which sites do you refer to get copyright-free images?

Appreciate your inputs and recommendations!

Regards.
Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
I was going through some of the published articles here and wondered what sites do you refer to pick an image from. I understand we should use images that are copyright free and that do not have any legal ramifications. As long as you are using your own captured images, it is fine. But, if you need an image from any external source, which sites do you refer to get copyright-free images?

Regards.

I use images and drawings from Wiki commons. But you have to verify their copyright data, where in it will be specified if the image can be used without any copyright hassles.

I'm a digital artist. So very rarely i go for sites which offer copyright free images. I draw my own images.
There has been a similar discussion before on this topic. You can search that threard to get more information as well. I don't remember the title, but you can search with similar words as your own thread.

Regards.

As a point of safety we do not use any images from other sources other than either Wikipedia or self owned. You never know which so-called free image may turn out to be a copyrighted one.

I love this free image hosting site for sharing my work

https://o0.nz/

Thank you said by: Samir Mishra
Using copy protected images is not good. I never prefer such images. Use wikipedia images or personal clicked images.
The best idea is to use our own captured images. Then comes the images which are available for free in the internet. We can also draw pictures and upload it here. Whatever we do in this site should be legal.
Often adding pictures to article, gives the sense of beauty attached with article and also many readers tend to understand the article from image point of view :)

http://mohanmekap.com/

I agree, using self-captured images are the first choice. But, one cannot have images for all the topics he or she writes on. Moreover, some articles add more value to the intent and purpose of the topic when it has images embedded. But it may not be possible to have self-captured images for that topic.

Is it worth leaving a well-written article as is, which we know that a couple of relevant images in it would add value to the content? I think readers connect better with an article that is blended with images.
Often adding pictures to article, gives the sense of beauty attached with article and also many readers tend to understand the article from image point of view :)

A picture speaks more than words, provided you know to use appropriate visual and use a picture of your own or a copyright free visual.

Regards.

As a point of safety we do not use any images from other sources other than either Wikipedia or self owned. You never know which so-called free image may turn out to be a copyrighted one.
All Wikipedia images are not free of copyright protection. :whistle: :whistle: :whistle: :whistle:

http://mohanmekap.com/

Regards.

All Wikipedia images are not free of copyright protection. :whistle: :whistle: :whistle: :whistle:

Every picture in Wikipedia is accompanied by a note detailing about the copyright details. Generally Pictures in Wiki commons are published in Public domain which are copyright free. Still you have to verify the attached details pertaining to copyright details.
You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.