The topic is locked.
I am stuck with some thoughts again. We all write and publish so many articles on Boddunan and I am sure we all care to read them quite often. Since I joined Boddunan writing community, I have spent good time in reading quite a few articles published here. But I was a bit surprised to see that there was hardly any comment included by the readers for any of the articles I have read so far.

I would appreciate when someone likes my articles and posts a quick note of "liking" or "feedback" for improvement.

What is your take on it?

Regards.
Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
I am stuck with some thoughts again. We all write and publish so many articles on Boddunan and I am sure we all care to read them quite often. Since I joined Boddunan writing community, I have spent good time in reading quite a few articles published here. But I was a bit surprised to see that there was hardly any comment included by the readers for any of the articles I have read so far.

I would appreciate when someone likes my articles and posts a quick note of "liking" or "feedback" for improvement.

What is your take on it?

Regards.

The provision of " your comment" is there. But because it's optional less number of members use it. Instead they settle for " star rating" at the end of the article. Number of hits is another way of knowing an article's popularity. But it would be better if there is a critical review.

What is your take on it?

Regards.

I normally leave a comment when I really like an article but noone responds , so you get discouraged and another thing is that there is no point for these comments, so members probably dont want to take the trouble to even acknowledge when someone leaves a comment..

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Readers are free to rate or comment on any article. It is better not to ask anyone to comment or rate. Let members do this at their discretion. I have also rate some articles and given comments. I also got comments and rating for my articles. But neither I requested others nor others did this.

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

Thank you said by: RobertP, Devyani Sarkar
Readers are free to rate or comment on any article. It is better not to ask anyone to comment or rate. Let members do this at their discretion. I have also rate some articles and given comments. I also got comments and rating for my articles. But neither I requested others nor others did this.

Whenever I read articles, I usually leave comments. Besides, I rate articles. I would like to motivate the persons who submitted the articles.

Born to express, not to impress.
http://royalrobsideas.blogspot.in/
In general one should not ask for comments. But commenting on articles is a good way to help others know how well his or her writing is perceived, what went well or what is missing, all of which are not implied from just number of views.

Regards.

What is your take on it?

Regards.

I normally leave a comment when I really like an article but noone responds , so you get discouraged and another thing is that there is no point for these comments, so members probably dont want to take the trouble to even acknowledge when someone leaves a comment..

Yes you are right, some point for comments is good motivation. When ever I read article always rating it.

What is your take on it?

Regards.

Yes you are right, some point for comments is good motivation. When ever I read article always rating it.

I too normally do that also comment if I feel the need..... However, it is a good practice to avknowledge a comment made by someone, thats my feeling..

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Thank you said by: suni51

Whenever I read articles, I usually leave comments. Besides, I rate articles. I would like to motivate the persons who submitted the articles.

I appreciate your gesture. But it is up to you to make any comments on any articles as you ;like. I wish others also did so. But this is a matter of individual choice. I cannot request somebody to comment on my articles. If I do so, that will be improper.

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

If points could be awarded or some paisa could be added to the earning of the commenter, I believe it would have inspired more people to read articles and comment on them. What do you say?
Samir you are correct that many of us don't comment on the articles that we have read. However it is optional. We may or may not comment. Unnecessary comments are not at all allowed here.
You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.