The topic is locked.
Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
I am stuck with some thoughts again. We all write and publish so many articles on Boddunan and I am sure we all care to read them quite often. Since I joined Boddunan writing community, I have spent good time in reading quite a few articles published here. But I was a bit surprised to see that there was hardly any comment included by the readers for any of the articles I have read so far.

I would appreciate when someone likes my articles and posts a quick note of "liking" or "feedback" for improvement.

What is your take on it?

Regards.

I normally leave a comment when I really like an article but noone responds , so you get discouraged and another thing is that there is no point for these comments, so members probably dont want to take the trouble to even acknowledge when someone leaves a comment..

Yes you are right, some point for comments is good motivation. When ever I read article always rating it.

I too normally do that also comment if I feel the need..... However, it is a good practice to avknowledge a comment made by someone, thats my feeling..

I always respond back on comments though comments are rare on my articles.

I love this free image hosting site for sharing my work

https://o0.nz/

Thank you all for your responses.

I understand comments are optional an cannot be forced. I think one should make use of the comment feature if he or she feels like sharing an opinion about a particular topic. It is not mandatory though. And one should not comment just for the sake of using the comment feature.

Regards.
I think comments should not be asked for, it is voluntary and can come from either from members or from internet as these articles are in internet world any one from the world can comment if he or she wants it and should have an internet connection. :whistle: :whistle:

http://mohanmekap.com/

Thank you said by: Gulshan Kumar Ajmani
I am stuck with some thoughts again. We all write and publish so many articles on Boddunan and I am sure we all care to read them quite often. Since I joined Boddunan writing community, I have spent good time in reading quite a few articles published here. But I was a bit surprised to see that there was hardly any comment included by the readers for any of the articles I have read so far.

I would appreciate when someone likes my articles and posts a quick note of "liking" or "feedback" for improvement.

What is your take on it?

Regards.

I normally leave a comment when I really like an article but noone responds , so you get discouraged and another thing is that there is no point for these comments, so members probably dont want to take the trouble to even acknowledge when someone leaves a comment..

Yes you are right, some point for comments is good motivation. When ever I read article always rating it.

I too normally do that also comment if I feel the need..... However, it is a good practice to avknowledge a comment made by someone, thats my feeling..

I always respond back on comments though comments are rare on my articles.

I remember having made comment on some of your articles and I also shared these on Facebook.

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

Thank you said by: suni51
Thank you all for your responses.

I understand comments are optional an cannot be forced. I think one should make use of the comment feature if he or she feels like sharing an opinion about a particular topic. It is not mandatory though. And one should not comment just for the sake of using the comment feature.

Regards.

Samir, I agree that when readers post comments and/or feedback on articles, the author is motivated and encouraged to write more and also improve further. Sadly, earlier there was a feature here that gave some points when you posted comments which was obviously, misused a lot and hence was discontinued. well, this says it all, barring a few genuine exceptions. So do not get discouraged by this trivial thing and keep writing more. Those who REALLY read your articles and like it, will post comments.

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

Thank you Kalyani. Yes, I understand and I am not discouraged to write... If commenting is or was misused, then of course the purpose of the comment feature is not met judiciously.

The likeness for one or more article can however be done in many other ways than just giving a comment.

Regards.
Thank you said by: Kalyani Nandurkar
Thank you Kalyani. Yes, I understand and I am not discouraged to write... If commenting is or was misused, then of course the purpose of the comment feature is not met judiciously.

The likeness for one or more article can however be done in many other ways than just giving a comment.

Regards.

Well, that is upto the admin to include a Like button for those who like it, presently there is the star rating which we can make use of!

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

Most sites encourage comments for a simple reason, this feature enhance chances of better listing of site due to extended content. I have seen comments longer than article itself but that is mostly on PPV sites. Making comments also helps writers also to attract more readers on their own articles. Here that is missing because boddunan pays in advance.

I love this free image hosting site for sharing my work

https://o0.nz/

Thank you said by: Kalyani Nandurkar, Samir Mishra
If points could be awarded or some paisa could be added to the earning of the commenter, I believe it would have inspired more people to read articles and comment on them. What do you say?

As mentioned by Kalyani, earlier points were awarded for commenting on others articles but that encouraged spamming where often the comments were no way related to anything in the articles. So, personally, I don't want that feature of awarding points for commenting brought back. At least whatever little comments one is getting from the articles nowadays are genuine ones.
I think comment on articles are good but it should be natural not artificial, like some one at the web finds this article and appreciate it and commented it, this will give more SEO than artificial competitive commenting system,

http://mohanmekap.com/

Thank you said by: Gulshan Kumar Ajmani
You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.