Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
In spite of efforts made by different quarters, environmental awareness among the people is India is much less than satisfactory. They are seen dumping garbage on the road, sweeping plastic pouches and bags into the drains, urinating and defecating in open, making unnecessarily high decibel noise etc. The list will be lengthy if we enumerate them all. No wonder, every year so many people die of diseases caused by polluted environment.

The environmental awareness in India is pathetic...This should be taught by parents and teachers right from childhood. We see people have total disregard for nature as they abuse it in every way possible...I remember an incident - while travelling by bus we stopped for some refreshments at a small very pretty scenic place in the western ghats. Few children who were on the bus began running around plucking leaves, breaking twigs and throwing it on each other and generally being very unruly and when I told them not to do so, the mother intervened and said there is so much of greenery around and their plucking a few doesnt really matter .. This coming from an educated lady and family ! I guess the villagers and uneducated people may be better in that respect because they are dependent on nature for their livelihood.

True. Villagers know much more about the importance of nature. One of the greatest movements in support of environmental protection Chipko Movement was started from the villages of the then Himachal Pradesh.
According to me, all fuelled automobiles must be replaced by solar automobiles. There will be less pollution.
Though there are alternative sources for energy and fuel to reduce industrial and automobile pollution, they are yet to hit the market and available to all. Much has to be done to reduce the automobile emissions.
Though there are alternative sources for energy and fuel to reduce industrial and automobile pollution, they are yet to hit the market and available to all. Much has to be done to reduce the automobile emissions.

If the governments were serious they would have tapped every possible environmentally friendly resources which is not the case here... Even rainwater harvesting is nt being pursued in the manner it ought to be since we have drinking water problem all over India.

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Thank you said by: Kalyani Nandurkar

If the governments were serious they would have tapped every possible environmentally friendly resources which is not the case here... Even rainwater harvesting is nt being pursued in the manner it ought to be since we have drinking water problem all over India.

Exactly...even in places which are drought prone, people are not seen taking efforts to harvest rainwater and conserve water to ease their water problems. It is not just government but even people are equally responsible for water shortages. In cities where water supply is not really a problem, people waste precious water abundantly on daily activities, washing cars every day etc.

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

Exactly...even in places which are drought prone, people are not seen taking efforts to harvest rainwater and conserve water to ease their water problems. It is not just government but even people are equally responsible for water shortages. In cities where water supply is not really a problem, people waste precious water abundantly on daily activities, washing cars every day etc.

They only way to eradicate this is development. Unless rural people are developed and educated, such problems will continue.

I have seen in KBC that there are some villages where people don't know the way of washing hands. Actually people don't wash their hands. Environment will make people suffer if it is not conserved but illiteracy and backwardness will engulf people even before the hazard.
When I first went to Chennai Apollo at the age of 15 with my parents, one side, at the next to entrance one small board was there which says how to clean hands and why hand cleaning is essential for yours health.

http://mohanmekap.com/

When I first went to Chennai Apollo at the age of 15 with my parents, one side, at the next to entrance one small board was there which says how to clean hands and why hand cleaning is essential for yours health.

Yes I have seen this many a times. My parents have taught me from my childhood the way of cleaning hand together with the face with best quality soap. Soap is not meant for the purpose of beauty but to keep our face and hands away from germs.
Thank you said by: mohan manohar
You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.