Most people lack humor and are perpetually being defensive about all their actions whether right or wrong, this is actually a sign of inferiority complex ! They never let go and laugh once in a while at themselves ...Psycho analysts and other behavioral experts are of the opinion that cultivating this one habit can make you a confident person who is not stressed because of self doubt ! The link I have given below is for an article which is a must read since it mentions some famous personalities who were able to do that...laugh at themselves ! :cheer:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/11/14/10-successful-people-who-_n_4262766.html?utm_hp_ref=funny-news

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
Most people lack humor and are perpetually being defensive about all their actions whether right or wrong, this is actually a sign of inferiority complex ! They never let go and laugh once in a while at themselves ...Psycho analysts and other behavioral experts are of the opinion that cultivating this one habit can make you a confident person who is not stressed because of self doubt ! The link I have given below is for an article which is a must read since it mentions some famous personalities who were able to do that...laugh at themselves ! :cheer:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/11/14/10-successful-people-who-_n_4262766.html?utm_hp_ref=funny-news

A person who can laugh of himself/herself never face problem of depression.
Thank you said by: usha manohar
"If you can laugh at yourself, you can forgive yourself, And if you can forgive yourself, you can forgive others." I was impressed with Susan Park’s opinion on laughing at one’s self. Laughing at one’s self is not everybody’s cup of tea. Only those who have optimistic attitude can laugh at themselves.
I agree it is not easy to do so, requires a lot of maturity of mind and the right mental attitude to analyse one's own follies which all of us have in plenty !

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Friends I always keep smiling. I don't have such problem.
Here maturity means, knowing your Strengths and weaknesses. To put it simply to be able to look in to yourself. Those who fail to look in to themselves end up in pointing out other's follies except their own follies. These cannot laugh at themselves.
Here maturity means, knowing your Strengths and weaknesses. To put it simply to be able to look in to yourself. Those who fail to look in to themselves end up in pointing out other's follies except their own follies. These cannot laugh at themselves.

Since majority of the people fall under that category, who are ready to laugh at others when they slip and fall or something embarrassing happens to other people, it is only a few who are able to look at the discomfort and humiliation suffered by those people...At the same time when it happens to them take it in the right stride and laugh with others...I agree it requires strength and fortitude to be able to laugh at yourself !

Thank you said by: rambabu

Its worth noting here to think about Jennifer Lawrence's tripping on the steps while she was going to receive her Oscar. She simply won the hearts of the audience when she made fun of herself in her acceptance speech (Thanks for the link you gave). It requires lots of guts.
Big leaders have winning smile. It is the smile that create winners.

http://mohanmekap.com/

Taking everything in to one's own stride is an attitude that comes with self analysis. Those who are adept at this will treat pleasure and pain in to their own stride. They won't search for scape goats for their failures.
Big leaders have winning smile. It is the smile that create winners.

I wouldnt take the smiles of the big leaders seriously since they smile even when they are abused ,if it suits them .... We come across some people who are so down to earth and have absolutely no ego hassles and are ready to accept their minor faults and laugh at them and this is what really makes them likeable..

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.