With elections lurking in the horizon, the tone and tenor of speeches of leaders of the main political parties are sending a chill down my spine. Character assassination, insinuations and innuendos are being freely bandied about and allegations and counter-allegations are coming thick and fast. It seems these leaders are completely divorced from the grim reality of murderously high prices of essential commodities and resultant unbearable and untold misery of the common people of India and these so-called leaders living in their make-belief world are trading charges and counter-charges!! What is the future of democracy in India?? Give your views.
Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
With elections lurking in the horizon, the tone and tenor of speeches of leaders of the main political parties are sending a chill down my spine. Character assassination, insinuations and innuendos are being freely bandied about and allegations and counter-allegations are coming thick and fast. It seems these leaders are completely divorced from the grim reality of murderously high prices of essential commodities and resultant unbearable and untold misery of the common people of India and these so-called leaders living in their make-belief world are trading charges and counter-charges!! What is the future of democracy in India?? Give your views.

It is not political debates it is street fighting. No one is worried about problems of public. One point agenda of all politicians are to win and enjoy political power and to collect big amount. In these politicians are paying huge amount for getting ticket of any political parties. Only norms of parties for candidate is, who can win. Qualification, charcter all are second thing.
I also notice that as the election draws near things are changing, today the supreme court has changed its stand on criminals contesting elections from inside the prison, is this making way for DMK and other parties whose members are charged with corruption but not sentenced...Of course the election speeches are not just ugly, they are very immature and undignified and one wonders how we can hand over the nation to such leaders..

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

It is becoming nauseating day by day. The words they use are unforgivable assault and affront on the aesthetic sense of the millions of good people who don't speak the same language.
I also notice that as the election draws near things are changing, today the supreme court has changed its stand on criminals contesting elections from inside the prison, is this making way for DMK and other parties whose members are charged with corruption but not sentenced...Of course the election speeches are not just ugly, they are very immature and undignified and one wonders how we can hand over the nation to such leaders..[/quote

We cannot blame Supreme Court. The supreme Court had to give decision based on law passed by parliament. The parliament had recently amended law and so the apex court had no option.

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

I also notice that as the election draws near things are changing, today the supreme court has changed its stand on criminals contesting elections from inside the prison, is this making way for DMK and other parties whose members are charged with corruption but not sentenced...Of course the election speeches are not just ugly, they are very immature and undignified and one wonders how we can hand over the nation to such leaders..

We cannot blame Supreme Court. The supreme Court had to give decision based on law passed by parliament. The parliament had recently amended law and so the apex court had no option.

This again brings about the question - whether staying in power is more important than routing out corruption, here all the parties are the same....So , we have absolutely no choice in the matter since as citizens we want to cast votes but there is little hope from any party since basically they are all the same when it comes to certain core issues !

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Thank you said by: Gulshan Kumar Ajmani
Indians are becoming worst. It is we who are increasing corruption and crime in the society by motivating the politicians to spread it further. This is the future of democracy. Corrupt people needs corrupt politicians to run the country. We are not honest so our ministers are not honest.

I think this decision is not fair. Only politicians who are behind bars are in favour of it. This decision came some late otherwise some leaders in Rajasthan who are facing trial for rape and murder may be candidates in election.
I also notice that as the election draws near things are changing, today the supreme court has changed its stand on criminals contesting elections from inside the prison, is this making way for DMK and other parties whose members are charged with corruption but not sentenced...Of course the election speeches are not just ugly, they are very immature and undignified and one wonders how we can hand over the nation to such leaders..[/quote

It is no doubt true that the role of the Apex court is well laid down in the Constitution but the question here is that the highest court of the land has not been very consistent in its decision on the same issue and I need not cite such cases. More importantly the Apex court enjoys a unique power to strike down any legislation which is not in consonance with the constitutional provisions to be more specific, known as ultra vires the Constitutions. Based on this interpretation, Manmohan Singh's government to welcome criminals into the holy portals of legislation-making is simply impossible.
Indians are becoming worst. It is we who are increasing corruption and crime in the society by motivating the politicians to spread it further. This is the future of democracy. Corrupt people needs corrupt politicians to run the country. We are not honest so our ministers are not honest.

I agree. Therfe is a proverb- People get the government they deserve. Corrupt will get only corrupt government. The rulers represent people. How can clean and honest be representative of the corrupt people?

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

Thank you said by: Devyani Sarkar
Mosquitoes have dared to bite Rahul Gandhi is the latest speech of Narendra Modi. I wonder if such stupid incident has anything to do with election voting.
You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.