Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
For the last few days, the speeches of Modi is sobre and slow, perhaps he read this forum and trying to change his style of expression.

It works both ways, it's a speech-war for our politicians. They will keep thrashing each other until the election game is over.

In a parliamentary democracy it is perfectly alright to launch criticism against one' s opponents and the tone and substance of speeches or any form of communication should not border on vulgarity that is exactly what is happening at the moment which does not augur well for our democracy.
No where in the constitution of India it is written that political parties should behave such and such way, constitution speaks abt. power to citizens and their rights and how to preserve and secure right and observe duties.

Of course there is a code of conduct to be maintained within the parliament and also by the ministers and MPS, dont they take an oath ? I am told that there is a phrase which pertains to maintaining the dignity of the post and carry out their duties towards their consituency ! But all this remains on paper only...

I don't know if any specific provisions are there in our Constitution. A brief reading of it would make it amply clear that there are phrases like ' immorality', 'decency' , 'opposed to public policy' and so on - may be in other contexts. Obviously our founding fathers never in their wildest thoughts deemed it necessary to lay down the code of conduct for school boys for our playful, fanciful leaders!!!

It is not feasible to define everything in precise words. That is why authorities are vested with discretionary powers. The Lok Sabha speaker has authority to decide what is undesirable behavior and language.

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

Thank you said by: chinmoymukherjee
For the last few days, the speeches of Modi is sobre and slow, perhaps he read this forum and trying to change his style of expression.

It works both ways, it's a speech-war for our politicians. They will keep thrashing each other until the election game is over.

In a parliamentary democracy it is perfectly alright to launch criticism against one' s opponents and the tone and substance of speeches or any form of communication should not border on vulgarity that is exactly what is happening at the moment which does not augur well for our democracy.
No where in the constitution of India it is written that political parties should behave such and such way, constitution speaks abt. power to citizens and their rights and how to preserve and secure right and observe duties.

Of course there is a code of conduct to be maintained within the parliament and also by the ministers and MPS, dont they take an oath ? I am told that there is a phrase which pertains to maintaining the dignity of the post and carry out their duties towards their consituency ! But all this remains on paper only...

I don't know if any specific provisions are there in our Constitution. A brief reading of it would make it amply clear that there are phrases like ' immorality', 'decency' , 'opposed to public policy' and so on - may be in other contexts. Obviously our founding fathers never in their wildest thoughts deemed it necessary to lay down the code of conduct for school boys for our playful, fanciful leaders!!!

It is not feasible to define everything in precise words. That is why authorities are vested with discretionary powers. The Lok Sabha speaker has authority to decide what is undesirable behavior and language.

There lies the need to have the sense to read what is there between the lines!!! :huh: :huh:
Great leadership is all about orator quality, smile and motivation, people may have liked certain people and that is the reason for mass followers, about responsibilities @ Ram babu, constitution gives rights and side by side responsibilities, I call it duties, in layman term and that is what I have written abt, so long as EC does not see it as objectionable, it is always right during elections.

http://mohanmekap.com/

There lies the need to have the sense to read what is there between the lines!!! :huh: :huh:

Some of them cant read... :huh: The best thing would be to have a crash course on behavior and etiquette for our netas before they take over their responsibilities !

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

And the same goes for public servants (I did not say private services because it's mandatory for them) actually the habit of treating public shabbily came in our public servants as they saw it in former rulers.

I love this free image hosting site for sharing my work

https://o0.nz/

And the same goes for public servants (I did not say private services because it's mandatory for them) actually the habit of treating public shabbily came in our public servants as they saw it in former rulers.

Yes. the habit we inherited from our former rulers of seeing the public like insects is there and will be there. Old habits die hard.
The heading should be media is losing its dignity as it seems media is trying hard to drive a particular point of view, am talking abt. electronic media, they are trying to run the news in their favor, and trying to malign any politicians at will.

http://mohanmekap.com/

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.