The topic is locked.
Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
Deven, there is always room for improvement and so does boddunan too! But so far as your question about whether one can earn proper income by working only on boddunan, then that is not possible. First reason being that it is an Indians only site and that has its severe limitations. Secondly, all concerned and associated with boddunan work here only part time and that includes administrator too, so that does present some limitations. Also, we have to see that where objectives are concerned, it is a totally different concept from Facebook or any other site. The way it was more three years ago when I joined and the way it looks now, I can definitely say that we have come a very very long way. I agree that we still have a long way to go and it is an evolving process. Improvements happen when the quality of its users is consistently good and with any networking site or forums, not just this but others as well, that is a challenge!

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

Thank you said by: usha manohar
Why so unambitious mam??
yes, i agree that the site has come a long way from where it was three years ago(Yes i was there too :p ) but cant with full dedication from both its core members and the admin and with the inclusion of many more features, boddunan achieve much more. Also my question was not boddunan-centric... i was more or less talking about the idea of getting paid from a website.

Also mam can you elaborate the limitations mentioned by you, i am sure it will give us all a better under standing of the problems and maybe come out with a solution :)
Why so unambitious mam??
yes, i agree that the site has come a long way from where it was three years ago(Yes i was there too :p ) but cant with full dedication from both its core members and the admin and with the inclusion of many more features, boddunan achieve much more. Also my question was not boddunan-centric... i was more or less talking about the idea of getting paid from a website.

Also mam can you elaborate the limitations mentioned by you, i am sure it will give us all a better under standing of the problems and maybe come out with a solution :)

I am not being unambitious Deven, but just being realistic! To make you feel happy, I can perhaps paint quite rosy pictures but that would be all just fantasy. So far as my personal limitations are concerned, they are of time, since I have other full-time obligations as translator and content writer, so is the case with others associated with this website. Also, I understand that you are referring to earning full-time only from online jobs, but ask yourself, do YOU have the potential to earn in such a manner? (You means general example, not specifically you) I know there are others who earn a decent amount of money online, but can they afford to quit regular jobs to dedicate fully on online jobs? Is there a certainty or assurety that working ONLY on online jobs can help you fulfill all your financial needs?

Boddunan is the first site I joined last year in September. Though most of my writings are in other sites I come back here almost everyday. It is like my native village where I find my happy childhood. With all my love for this place I want it to progress, develop and flourish. The appearance looks beautiful to me. But like my native village, Boddunan has not progressed much since I joined it. I suggest that the staff should think of innovative ideas which will attract more members, more articles, more advertisement and of course, more income. I wish that Boddunan should progress monetarily too so that the site earns more and pays its writer more. I wish that the owner, the webmaster and all his staff think how to take the site to a higher level. I wish that they be courageous to change and remodel rules if necessary so that more and more good writers may join the site.
An addition to the category could be poetry. This would attract many who love writing or reading poems.

Well said my friend. The way you compared boddunan with your village speaks of the kind of love you share with this site. I agree with your points mentioned and urge the admin to put in more efforts towards growth.
We get paid more as the site increases,So logic says that if we help the site grow it will directly result in our growth.
So isn't it time that we(all the members) take the initiative of promoting the site more???

FYI these thoughts came into my head when i saw that the site's page has only around 15 likes on facebook :(
We get paid more as the site increases,So logic says that if we help the site grow it will directly result in our growth.
So isn't it time that we(all the members) take the initiative of promoting the site more???

FYI these thoughts came into my head when i saw that the site's page has only around 15 likes on facebook :(

Well, you do have sense in your reasoning, but then making it as popular as facebook or any other site, it depends on its users and not its admin. The more dedicated users are, the more the site grows. At the moment, there are only a handful of users who work dedicatedly here at any given time. Most users are regular but not present around the clock and even more users are inconsistent and fairly irregular! So unless the number of users who are regular and present around the clock increases, this will remain its status!

Where earnings are concerned, if you have the willpower and consistency, you will earn good mounts like some others do!

Thank you said by: Gulshan Kumar Ajmani
Why so unambitious mam??

I am not being unambitious Deven, but just being realistic! To make you feel happy, I can perhaps paint quite rosy pictures but that would be all just fantasy. So far as my personal limitations are concerned, they are of time, since I have other full-time obligations as translator and content writer, so is the case with others associated with this website. Also, I understand that you are referring to earning full-time only from online jobs, but ask yourself, do YOU have the potential to earn in such a manner? (You means general example, not specifically you) I know there are others who earn a decent amount of money online, but can they afford to quit regular jobs to dedicate fully on online jobs? Is there a certainty or assurety that working ONLY on online jobs can help you fulfill all your financial needs?

Again, my question involves a futuristic boddunan. A boddunan of around have the size of facebook. Wouldn't you bank on a site that big which had evolved precisely by the collective efforts of its members and admin, to pay you enough.
But again these are my thoughts and i have often been accused of being a "die hard visionary"
Ps: i have never earned a penny from boddunan :p
Why so unambitious mam??

Again, my question involves a futuristic boddunan. A boddunan of around have the size of facebook. Wouldn't you bank on a site that big which had evolved precisely by the collective efforts of its members and admin, to pay you enough.
But again these are my thoughts and i have often been accused of being a "die hard visionary"
Ps: i have never earned a penny from boddunan :p

I am again reiterating that the future boddunan you are trying to project will depend on its users and users alone! So you decide if you want to take us all there!

As you have never earned a single penny, I can safely assume that you are only a visionary and not the doer! :P :P

Thank you said by: Sanjeev Gupta

Well, you do have sense in your reasoning, but then making it as popular as facebook or any other site, it depends on its users and not its admin. The more dedicated users are, the more the site grows. At the moment, there are only a handful of users who work dedicatedly here at any given time. Most users are regular but not present around the clock and even more users are inconsistent and fairly irregular! So unless the number of users who are regular and present around the clock increases, this will remain its status!

Where earnings are concerned, if you have the willpower and consistency, you will earn good mounts like some others do!

I slightly disagree with your point that the admin is not responsible for the current state of events. The site has fallen way behind on advertising and marketing and that area demands more investment of both time and money. All this happens to be the job of the admin. Though its his(admin's) personal choice, but since we all contribute to the site, i feel that we have a say on the matter.

I slightly disagree with your point that the admin is not responsible for the current state of events. The site has fallen way behind on advertising and marketing and that area demands more investment of both time and money. All this happens to be the job of the admin. Though its his(admin's) personal choice, but since we all contribute to the site, i feel that we have a say on the matter.

You may probably be right but as far as we are concerned, I am quite happy to keep it at this level since most of us have time constraints. Where admin is concerned, he may have his own ambitions and aspirations that may run parallel to boddunan or may be quite diverse from it all! He alone can throw light on that!

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.