The topic is locked.
Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
One major problem with forums is that people would type just about anything to get those five points no matter how strayed the forum topic gets. How about some suggestions now guys??

No. I don't agree with you. Such irrelevant postings are being checked and Moderators are reminding the concerned members with a "caution" from to time. In case, the problem persists, Moderators are locking the thread. You can see such case in today"s forum posts.

Yes that was a thing of the past, now the members post only relevant responses since the moderators are following a strict guideline...

We could and should not be that strict to stifle the informal air of discussion where some views may not be strictly relevant , yet these help in carrying it on and forward!!
Thank you said by: usha manohar
One major problem with forums is that people would type just about anything to get those five points no matter how strayed the forum topic gets. How about some suggestions now guys??

No. I don't agree with you. Such irrelevant postings are being checked and Moderators are reminding the concerned members with a "caution" from to time. In case, the problem persists, Moderators are locking the thread. You can see such case in today"s forum posts.

Yes that was a thing of the past, now the members post only relevant responses since the moderators are following a strict guideline...

We could and should not be that strict to stifle the informal air of discussion where some views may not be strictly relevant , yet these help in carrying it on and forward!!

I totally agree with that and we do have discussions that go that way....But the point is where to draw the line ? I know it is not an easy job for moderators...

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

I don't agree as sometime the post looks to be irrelevant but is indirectly related to the post. In that case one has to accept that post. Yes presently I also have noticed that people do write some serious content but strictly in my case I feel bored just to see these. :blink:

I totally agree with that and we do have discussions that go that way....But the point is where to draw the line ? I know it is not an easy job for moderators...

Look ,the intention should be studied for any post and here our moderators have been doing a good job. Any deliberate attempt to score points without any substantial point should be frowned upon and accordingly punished.

I don't agree as sometime the post looks to be irrelevant but is indirectly related to the post. In that case one has to accept that post. Yes presently I also have noticed that people do write some serious content but strictly in my case I feel bored just to see these. :blink:

I think you have made it very clear so where is the question of not agreeing....Serius topics need serious responses but even those have a lot of humor in them introduced by the members...only it does not move away from the topic! An ideal discussion is one where members discuss not only the topic but the related topics as well...

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

I think you have made it very clear so where is the question of not agreeing....Serius topics need serious responses but even those have a lot of humor in them introduced by the members...only it does not move away from the topic! An ideal discussion is one where members discuss not only the topic but the related topics as well...

Dis agreement is that forums should not be that much serious. :)

From what I see , we are all enjoying ourselves discussing here every kind of topic , no doubt compared to the time when you were active here , things have become far more regularised, probably you dont like that...

From what I see , we are all enjoying ourselves discussing here every kind of topic , no doubt compared to the time when you were active here , things have become far more regularised, probably you dont like that...

BTW I am still active. :blink:

I think you want to say something else. Even things were also regularised in the past. :blink:

I think you want to say something else. Even things were also regularised in the past. :blink:

You are not regularly active now like before...I have said all I have to say :) Things were only partially regularised befoire where some favored members literally got away with spamming left right and center and you know it so why pretend otherwise ?

You are not regularly active now like before...I have said all I have to say :) Things were only partially regularised befoire where some favored members literally got away with spamming left right and center and you know it so why pretend otherwise ?

I understood what you wanted to say I think you pointed me. :laugh:

Anyways those favored members never got any sort of warnings so how some one can say that they used to spam. :blink:
You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.