The topic is locked.
Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
One major problem with forums is that people would type just about anything to get those five points no matter how strayed the forum topic gets. How about some suggestions now guys??

No. I don't agree with you. Such irrelevant postings are being checked and Moderators are reminding the concerned members with a "caution" from to time. In case, the problem persists, Moderators are locking the thread. You can see such case in today"s forum posts.

Yes that was a thing of the past, now the members post only relevant responses since the moderators are following a strict guideline...

We could and should not be that strict to stifle the informal air of discussion where some views may not be strictly relevant , yet these help in carrying it on and forward!!

I totally agree with that and we do have discussions that go that way....But the point is where to draw the line ? I know it is not an easy job for moderators...

Moderators are also members first. All active members know what is relevant and normally they follow the guidelines. The moderator will interfere only if there is too much deviation from rules. Being too strict does not contribute to smooth functioning of the forum.

I never felt too much of strictness. I know several times moderators took part in the discussions just like any other member interspersing with lighthearted jokes. This is what I felt.
Moderators have never ever strict sports teacher here, they are empathetic and atmosphere inside forum is congenial, great to read and write posts here.

http://mohanmekap.com/

Thank you said by: Kalyani Nandurkar
One major problem with forums is that people would type just about anything to get those five points no matter how strayed the forum topic gets. How about some suggestions now guys??

No. I don't agree with you. Such irrelevant postings are being checked and Moderators are reminding the concerned members with a "caution" from to time. In case, the problem persists, Moderators are locking the thread. You can see such case in today"s forum posts.

Yes that was a thing of the past, now the members post only relevant responses since the moderators are following a strict guideline...

We could and should not be that strict to stifle the informal air of discussion where some views may not be strictly relevant , yet these help in carrying it on and forward!!

I totally agree with that and we do have discussions that go that way....But the point is where to draw the line ? I know it is not an easy job for moderators...

Moderators are also members first. All active members know what is relevant and normally they follow the guidelines. The moderator will interfere only if there is too much deviation from rules. Being too strict does not contribute to smooth functioning of the forum.

I never felt too much of strictness. I know several times moderators took part in the discussions just like any other member interspersing with lighthearted jokes. This is what I felt.
Moderators have never ever strict sports teacher here, they are empathetic and atmosphere inside forum is congenial, great to read and write posts here.

That's why in the beginning responses of this thread many including me expressed that the the Forums were made lively and vibrant because of the able management of the Administration and moderators. I need not tell the name. Some moderators are setting an example by posting more number of threads than members.

That's why in the beginning responses of this thread many including me expressed that the the Forums were made lively and vibrant because of the able management of the Administration and moderators. I need not tell the name. Some moderators are setting an example by posting more number of threads than members.
I think you should be a moderator and should have applied for this as because of the amount of time you are online with Boddunan, this is just a thought, which you can think it and apply for it :whistle: :whistle: :whistle: :whistle:

http://mohanmekap.com/

I think you should be a moderator and should have applied for this as because of the amount of time you are online with Boddunan, this is just a thought, which you can think it and apply for it :whistle: :whistle: :whistle: :whistle:

My computer remains on because i'm doing offline designing jobs and writing web copy and content. It doesn't mean I devoted all the time to Boddunan alone. By the way i'm happy as a member.

It is a lot cleaner and tidier now than what it was before the appointment of the present team of super moderators and editors and scope for improvement would be always there!!
You are an experienced member from the number of forum posts, I know, as you are telling a whole lot of improvements, perhaps you have been skipping this forum for sometime, it feels great to see the sea changes.

Chinmoy is one of the oldest members here and has been with the forum active and contributing all through its different stages of growth and changes and that's what he means by saying that it has changed for the better...

Am I that old to be crowned as such ?? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Yes, I have been around for quite some time and fortunately a part of its evolution. Gulshanji is one such member who has been here ahead of me and what makes him stand out of all us in all these years is his consistency. When I talk of his consistency I do so in all respects. He has been regular as a contributor, patient and remains the same person even his language right from the time I knew him.

I agree with that Gulshan,Chinmoy ,Kalyani and Maverick are the four pillars of this site and we all look up to you since you people have been around almost since the beginning and have contributed a lot in your own capacities ... :) :)

@Usha

It's a great comment that must be accepted with all humility but the fact remains that if we have succeeded in attracting all like-minded persons like all of you, it is a matter of great satisfaction for all of us and it is going to help us in taking this site forward and making it totally different from some which are famous and popular but we love to be different!!! :P :P

Definitely ! But why not make it popular as well...May be by giving a facebook link here on the site as well, so that the members look in there and post the links to their article which would also help the site in the long run, just a suggestion from my side ! I am fine with the site as it is and :cheer: without contributing members no site can thrive, I have seen how some of them have gone down when quantity took over quality !

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

It is a lot cleaner and tidier now than what it was before the appointment of the present team of super moderators and editors and scope for improvement would be always there!!
You are an experienced member from the number of forum posts, I know, as you are telling a whole lot of improvements, perhaps you have been skipping this forum for sometime, it feels great to see the sea changes.

Chinmoy is one of the oldest members here and has been with the forum active and contributing all through its different stages of growth and changes and that's what he means by saying that it has changed for the better...

Am I that old to be crowned as such ?? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Yes, I have been around for quite some time and fortunately a part of its evolution. Gulshanji is one such member who has been here ahead of me and what makes him stand out of all us in all these years is his consistency. When I talk of his consistency I do so in all respects. He has been regular as a contributor, patient and remains the same person even his language right from the time I knew him.

I agree with you Chinmoy. Gulshanji 's role in enlivening the forums and other activities is exemplary and emulation worthy. But you are no less a contributor with your thought provoking inputs.

I agree with that Gulshan,Chinmoy ,Kalyani and Maverick are the four pillars of this site and we all look up to you since you people have been around almost since the beginning and have contributed a lot in your own capacities ... :) :)

@Usha

It's a great comment that must be accepted with all humility but the fact remains that if we have succeeded in attracting all like-minded persons like all of you, it is a matter of great satisfaction for all of us and it is going to help us in taking this site forward and making it totally different from some which are famous and popular but we love to be different!!! :P :P

I totally agree with you, it is more the members than moderators who reflect truly what a site is all about and it is responsible users like Usha and many others make all that more difference!

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

Thank you said by: usha manohar

My computer remains on because i'm doing offline designing jobs and writing web copy and content. It doesn't mean I devoted all the time to Boddunan alone. By the way i'm happy as a member.

you are really good at forum. Apart from such work pressure your devotion to this site is really impressing.

you are really good at forum. Apart from such work pressure your devotion to this site is really impressing.

Amidst the work pressure, I always ensure to squeeze some time for my own sake. In all I retain that freshness and enthusiasm in tact. Another aspect I ensure is never to allow boredom and monotony anywhere near my vicinity.

Amidst the work pressure, I always ensure to squeeze some time for my own sake. In all I retain that freshness and enthusiasm in tact. Another aspect I ensure is never to allow boredom and monotony anywhere near my vicinity.

It is a kind of quality that you easily handle your work with great energy. Many fail to handle such kind of work pressure and I am one among them.
You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.