It is quite a revelation that only a percentage as low as 5 of Indians prefers to go to courts for resolution of various legal issues and what is far more stunning that despite this awfully low percentage the number of pending cases is just mind-boggling. Corruption at lower rungs, sharp practices on the part of lawyers, the prohibitive costs of litigation have virtually denied a vast section of our populace to get justice. The judiciary is supposed to be one of stoutest organs of any decent society to ensure honor of all but in India it is in a frighteningly awful mess who is going to clear it up??
Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
It is quite a revelation that only a percentage as low as 5 of Indians prefers to go to courts for resolution of various legal issues and what is far more stunning that despite this awfully low percentage the number of pending cases is just mind-boggling. Corruption at lower rungs, sharp practices on the part of lawyers, the prohibitive costs of litigation have virtually denied a vast section of our populace to get justice. The judiciary is supposed to be one of stoutest organs of any decent society to ensure honor of all but in India it is in a frighteningly awful mess who is going to clear it up??

What happen if more people go to courts? One life will not enough for decision.
Legal procedure is very complicated. It takes long time. Moreover the lawyer's charges are too high to drain off all savings in single herring. Therefore many people avoid court cases. Corruption comes later.
Court proceedings are expensive and time consuming. Many have lost all they had making trips to courts. So, in general, people like to keep a safe distance from the police and courts.

What happen if more people go to courts? One life will not enough for decision.

There are shocking instances of long-winded proceedings of courts spanning more than two generations, yet no court decision, ruining both the original litigants and their descendants!!!! What an inhuman dispensation!!! The only beneficiaries are lawyers making a pile of lucre.
I am also among 95%. I feel that the luckiest is one who does not go to court, doctor and railway station. These are also interlinked. Quarrel leads to injury and litigation and litigation needs travel.

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

I am also among 95%. I feel that the luckiest is one who does not go to court, doctor and railway station. These are also interlinked. Quarrel leads to injury and litigation and litigation needs travel.

You are doubtless lucky but it is not an ideal situation to be in. It does convey a grave crisis of confidence or faith of our people in the judicial system.
Thank you said by: Gulshan Kumar Ajmani

You are doubtless lucky but it is not an ideal situation to be in. It does convey a grave crisis of confidence or faith of our people in the judicial system.

I avoid litigation for self. Personally, i am very much involved in central excise practice and I have many friends in criminal law. I advise them also to contest clients' cases and not own cases. Nobody gets fee for own case. Then why not deal with others' cases only.

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

Surprised and still there is vast delay in courts, and I think out of five percentages four percentages must be illiterate and they go to courts and the lawyers show them different ways of hope and they continue to pursue cases year after years.

http://mohanmekap.com/

It is precisely the reason that the legal fraternity in India is up in arms against the entry of foreign legal service in India. The litigants of this country are ill-served by immorally scheming lawyers who have entrenched themselves very securely to exploit clients in a ruthless manner.

I am not surprised at all...although things are a lot better now, it is still so badly organised. One of the civil cases pertaining to my family came to a conclusion last month after nearly 17 years and the funny part is the two litigants are dead and now 2nd generation and we the third generation had to do the running around...Other than the expense involved I personally feel if they had any sense they should have compromised right in the beginning ! It is simply not worth it !

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.