ISRO's spending on the Mars mission is well below 500 crores and the launch and its subsequent progression is happily on predictable lines. Some argue that this amount could have been spent on more pressing problems that this nation is currently faced with. Do you agree?
Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
ISRO's spending on the Mars mission is well below 500 crores and the launch and its subsequent progression is happily on predictable lines. Some argue that this amount could have been spent on more pressing problems that this nation is currently faced with. Do you agree?

This is a very difficut question to answer especially given the kind of poverty we have and lack of infra structure ! Even in a country like USA the population is divided aout this issue and recently the same was the subject for one of Dan Browns novel ' Deception Point "
I prsonally feel that it is essential since we need to move forward and explore and one cannot consider only the monetary aspect..

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Thank you said by: chinmoymukherjee

The money spent on Space research is pittance. It's just a fraction of the money spent on our worthless politicos. Scientific development and space research are very much necessary for the development of the nation. Hence i do not contribute to the argument that ISRO's spending on Mars mission is a waste.

This is a very difficut question to answer especially given the kind of poverty we have and lack of infra structure ! Even in a country like USA the population is divided aout this issue and recently the same was the subject for one of Dan Browns novel ' Deception Point "
I prsonally feel that it is essential since we need to move forward and explore and one cannot consider only the monetary aspect..

I am agree with you progress is space rearch is essential. It may looking to some person wastage of money but it will pay India in future.

I am agree with you progress is space rearch is essential. It may looking to some person wastage of money but it will pay India in future.

All you have argued on the lines after my heart and let me wait for more replies before I place some concrete facts for justification.
I think the Billions earned by so many politicians can help in developing the Nation more.
Every stage of MOM is working impeccably. MOM was placed in inter- Mars trajectory in the early hours of Sunday. In this process it has crossed Moon's orbit and is travelling beyond earth's natural satellite.The accuracy of the entire operation is a shining example of the dedication of our esteemed scientists, which you cannot find in our politicians. I feel those who term the MOM as waste have committed a sacrilege.
I do not think so, it gives India pride in the world arena, we are not a poor country like Somalia to think every aspects before spending a dine.

http://mohanmekap.com/

I do not think so, it gives India pride in the world arena, we are not a poor country like Somalia to think every aspects before spending a dine.

Scientific and space researches are conducted not just for popularity. Mainly they aim at exploring new avenues of hitherto unknown knowledge. Christopher Columbus discovered America not for mere popularity, but to find out the unexplored avenues. Such researches and missions are very much necessary for the development of a country.
It is not a waste. One day people of other developed countries will be traveling to space just as we travel in buses today. If we don't develop the science of space travel now we will most probably be stuck to the earth.
It is not a waste. One day people of other developed countries will be traveling to space just as we travel in buses today. If we don't develop the science of space travel now we will most probably be stuck to the earth.

I agree with you.Cynics see everything with suspicion. They are used to a few set of norms laid out centuries ago. Seeing the future needs is what Scientific research is all about. And ISRO is going in the right direction.It's doing a yeomen service to the nation. Let's all hail the Mars Mission.
You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.