Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
The expenditure on space resarch and other fundamental research in science always appears unnecessary as there is no immediate benefit. But such expenditure is profuitable in the long run.

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

Thank you said by: mohan manohar
The expenditure on space resarch and other fundamental research in science always appears unnecessary as there is no immediate benefit. But such expenditure is profuitable in the long run.

Yes. Scientific research and it's findings will always take a long time to penetrate and create an impression in the people. But it's how it works.
For people who cannot think beyond money, food, Bollywood movies, cricket and shopping, for them it might probably be a waste of money. educated people who indulge in all the above are mainly the ones who keep talking about poor our country is but when they have to a bunch of coriander for mere rs. 10, they will drive a hard bargain to get it for rs. 8. But when they visit a sleek and jazzy mall or multiplex religiously each weekend, they do not hesitate to shell out minimum rs. 300 per head (snakes and coke included) for a disgustingly made Hindi movie! But when you tell the poor people you meet such as the vegetable sellers or the woman who comes to in your house about the rockets out country sent in space, I have seen their eyes lit up with pride. It is not missions such as these that need to be stopped to eradicate poverty but put a stop somewhere to the Bollywood madness or if not that, then at least throw all corrupt politicians and bureaucrats in the dungeons.! Mars mission and more such are needed for our country, not just to put us on the world map, but also for everyone of us to see that, that is the future we must head towards and leave behind all the religious lunacy that is currently going on!

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

Thank you said by: chinmoymukherjee
For people who cannot think beyond money, food, Bollywood movies, cricket and shopping, for them it might probably be a waste of money. educated people who indulge in all the above are mainly the ones who keep talking about poor our country is but when they have to a bunch of coriander for mere rs. 10, they will drive a hard bargain to get it for rs. 8. But when they visit a sleek and jazzy mall or multiplex religiously each weekend, they do not hesitate to shell out minimum rs. 300 per head (snakes and coke included) for a disgustingly made Hindi movie! But when you tell the poor people you meet such as the vegetable sellers or the woman who comes to in your house about the rockets out country sent in space, I have seen their eyes lit up with pride. It is not missions such as these that need to be stopped to eradicate poverty but put a stop somewhere to the Bollywood madness or if not that, then at least throw all corrupt politicians and bureaucrats in the dungeons.! Mars mission and more such are needed for our country, not just to put us on the world map, but also for everyone of us to see that, that is the future we must head towards and leave behind all the religious lunacy that is currently going on!

I think the spending on our space research is worth it. I would simply refer to a report in the press today which is of utmost importance to all especially those who love to wear blinkers!!! All you know how China reacted to the launch of Mars Mission. In fact it ridiculed our honorable scientists efforts citing India's poverty - the same line of argument of some native critics out of sheer jealousy as her own Mars space program went haywire within a matter of a few hours. Today I find the same country expressing the desire to have cooperation with India in this field!! And what about the timing of it, after our brilliant space scientists successfully performed the most critical act of sending the spacecraft on its way to the Martian orbit!!! Not before that!!
And about the concrete benefits which I alluded to in my earlier post, let us consider the tremendous progress which could not have been made possible without our space program. Right from the lives of our fishermen to ATM users!! ISRO's contribution to the nation has been truly phenomenal. You talk about any field, defense, industry and our day to day lives, you would find their inconspicuous presence. Some naysayers might yet argue what was the use of undertaking this Mission, I would just say that it would help us in testing our technological capabilities and in India's case it is all the more creditable as we have made it to a substantial degree with indigenous soft and hardware, giving quite a good number of private industries to achieve technical and technological standards. In future ISRO might be not only financially self-supporting, it would contribute substantially to the exchequer by partnering with other countries.
Thank you said by: rambabu, Kalyani Nandurkar

I think the spending on our space research is worth it. I would simply refer to a report in the press today which is of utmost importance to all especially those who love to wear blinkers!!! All you know how China reacted to the launch of Mars Mission. In fact it ridiculed our honorable scientists efforts citing India's poverty - the same line of argument of some native critics out of sheer jealousy as her own Mars space program went haywire within a matter of a few hours. Today I find the same country expressing the desire to have cooperation with India in this field!! And what about the timing of it, after our brilliant space scientists successfully performed the most critical act of sending the spacecraft on its way to the Martian orbit!!! Not before that!!
And about the concrete benefits which I alluded to in my earlier post, let us consider the tremendous progress which could not have been made possible without our space program. Right from the lives of our fishermen to ATM users!! ISRO's contribution to the nation has been truly phenomenal. You talk about any field, defense, industry and our day to day lives, you would find their inconspicuous presence. Some naysayers might yet argue what was the use of undertaking this Mission, I would just say that it would help us in testing our technological capabilities and in India's case it is all the more creditable as we have made it to a substantial degree with indigenous soft and hardware, giving quite a good number of private industries to achieve technical and technological standards. In future ISRO might be not only financially self-supporting, it would contribute substantially to the exchequer by partnering with other countries.

Wonderful. The greatest achievement as you have put it is Self-reliance.. In a field which was supposed to be the exclusive domain of a few pioneering countries,a decade ago, we have shown what we are capable of. This achievement should act as an eye opener to the skeptics.
Thank you said by: chinmoymukherjee

Wonderful. The greatest achievement as you have put it is Self-reliance.. In a field which was supposed to be the exclusive domain of a few pioneering countries,a decade ago, we have shown what we are capable of. This achievement should act as an eye opener to the skeptics.

In these days when our print and electronic media focus their attention, all hype and hoopla for inconsequential incidents and developments, they very rarely highlight the phenomenal achievements of our brilliant scientists who dare to think and work ceaselessly with determination in the face of all odds. It is time to doff our hats to them!!!
ISRO's spending on the Mars mission is well below 500 crores and the launch and its subsequent progression is happily on predictable lines. Some argue that this amount could have been spent on more pressing problems that this nation is currently faced with. Do you agree?[/quot

500 crore is really a big amount. It must be spend in other necessay program. Many project in our country is pending due to lack of money. Spend thus money on such project.
ISRO's spending on the Mars mission is well below 500 crores and the launch and its subsequent progression is happily on predictable lines. Some argue that this amount could have been spent on more pressing problems that this nation is currently faced with. Do you agree?

500 crore is really a big amount. It must be spend in other necessay program. Many project in our country is pending due to lack of money. Spend thus money on such project.

There are many more cores of scams, in now situation ISRO doing this in lowest cost as compared to other project all around the world.

http://mohanmekap.com/

ISRO's spending on the Mars mission is well below 500 crores and the launch and its subsequent progression is happily on predictable lines. Some argue that this amount could have been spent on more pressing problems that this nation is currently faced with. Do you agree?

There are many more cores of scams, in now situation ISRO doing this in lowest cost as compared to other project all around the world.

Astronomical sums are being spent on unproductive projects . ISRO's Mars Mission paves path to bring in to light many aspects that takes the country to new peaks.for example the findings are greatly useful in predicting natural calamities, which in turn will help in keeping the destruction to a minimum level.
And all this with a shoestring budget.
Thank you said by: mohan manohar

Exactly! The contribution of ISRO and all our scientists is far greater than we may ever realise but I think time has now come that we can no longer ignore that field any more. And bestowing Dr. Rao with the highest civilian award is only a start of that recognition. Where China and its space program is concerned, the fact that they waited to congratulate us until our Mars lander was released from the Earth's orbit alludes to what they really feel about it, Jealous! But then they are not fools, I am seeing every day what great heights they have achieved in the field of art and culture and now that they realise we have the technology to successfully land our own indigenous vehicle on Mars, they will not hesitate to form an alliance with us! When and how that will happen, time alone will tell!

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.